Leaving a bike at Waterloo overnight(s)

markh1961
markh1961 Posts: 7
edited October 2013 in Commuting general
I'm doing a 6 month stint with a client in KIng's Cross and working out commute options. I come into waterloo and that's painless enough but I hold little affection for the tube and so am wondering about either borissing it door to door but also maybe just using an old bike that I can lock up at Waterloo and use to get to and from KC, leaving the bike at Wloo overnight 7 days a week.

Can anyone who knows comment whether this works, is practical and where the racks at wloo are that are least susceptible to theft/vandalism?

Thanks,
M

Comments

• Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    markh1961 wrote:
    I'm doing a 6 month stint with a client in KIng's Cross and working out commute options. I come into waterloo and that's painless enough but I hold little affection for the tube and so am wondering about either borissing it door to door but also maybe just using an old bike that I can lock up at Waterloo and use to get to and from KC, leaving the bike at Wloo overnight 7 days a week.

Can anyone who knows comment whether this works, is practical and where the racks at wloo are that are least susceptible to theft/vandalism?

Thanks,
    M
    Some stations have bike racks right on the platforms... London Bridge has them, so you can take your bike through to the gates and leave it in the station overnight. Not sure if that's possible at Waterloo. In terms of leaving a bike overnight, I wouldn't do it but I should think if it looks suitably rubbish and worthless it would be safe enough. A colleague of mine left his 500 quid road bike out on a rack near Chancery Lane Tube for about a week and no one nicked it...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.