Chain Stay Protector for Steel Frame

Levi_501
Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
edited October 2013 in MTB buying advice
Guys n Girls, does anyone know of a Velcro (lizard skins style) chain stay protector that would be suitable for a steel framed bike?

All the one I have are to baggy; they are designed for aluminium or carbon frames, thus suitable for larger diameter chain stays.

Before the recommendations come in, I already use inner tubes and things, but I like a Velcro one on top that can be whipped of for easy cleaning.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    can get endura ones from CRC that come is various sizes. I take it you have measured your frame.
  • I use clear helicopter tape.
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    I've got the small Endura one on the back of my Kinesis Virtue - it's got typically skinny steel chainstays.
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    POAH wrote:
    can get endura ones from CRC that come is various sizes. I take it you have measured your frame.

What he said ^

just bought the medium one for my Stanton and it fits a treat.
  • Levi_501
    Levi_501 Posts: 1,105
    Thanks, I will give it a whirl.
  • Buy a roll of frame wrap from Biketart. It's amazing, I run it on every mountain bike I have. Miles between than shit Velcro on stuff.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Old inner tube......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.