Looking at Changing my Bike

Dorset Del
Dorset Del Posts: 4
edited October 2013 in Commuting general
I'm looking for some advise if anyone can help, I currently have a Giant Roam 1 on the cycle to work scheme, this is come to its end and I looking at replacing it with the following shortlist:-
- Orbea Carbe 10
- Orbea Avant H30F
- Focus Planet TR30 27G
- Specialized Sirrus Comp Disk
Any other bike that you may feel is appropriate.
I compute 15+ miles a day throughout the whole year with a cat 5 hill at the very start of my day. I'm mid 50's, 6 foot 4 and about 17 stones.

What do you suggest? Over to YOU.

Comments

• CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    I'd ignore that lot and buy a Trek with Di2 on it.

You did say 'what do you suggest?', assuming that we know what suits you. Go for a carbon machine with Di2. It's a load of fun and something to show your colleagues.

Out of the three I'd suggest the Specialized. That's a great bike.
  • Thanks CiB for your comments, I like the idea of a carbon bike & Di2 but not sure about drop bars. Thanks anyway I will visit local bike shop and have a look.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    Dorset Del wrote:
    Thanks CiB for your comments, I like the idea of a carbon bike & Di2 but not sure about drop bars. Thanks anyway I will visit local bike shop and have a look.

I think CiB is being a bit sarcy but is trying to point out that we need more information - what's your budget? What type of bike do you want? With what equipment? etc etc It's hard to advise when we don't have much info...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • With the cycle to work scheme I can go up to a Maximum of £1,000, I'm looking at at flat bar road bike, as for equipment I happy for surgestions, what about hub gears? i have lloked at these as I cycle year round I understand that they have an advantage during the winter, but what are they like with hills?
    Thanks
  • Have you ever tried drop bars? I went from flat bars to drops and I found them strange and scary at first, but wouldn't be without them now, they really make road cycling much nicer.