Change of forks from original spec

Cogsy1976
Cogsy1976 Posts: 143
edited October 2013 in MTB general
Hi All

Bit of a random question just wondered if anyone knew the answer!

I bought a 2nd hand Giant XTC 4 recently as a hardtail for the winter, its in perfect cond, couple of minor marks was prob used 4 times by the owner (he even put one of those massive gel seats on lol) one thing I cant get my head round is that on Giant's website they list the bike with a RS Dart 2 but mine has a Dart 3, now there is no way that the guy I bought it from would of 'upgraded' the forks so just wondered why these would be on this bike?

Not important really but just curious!

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    specs can and do change. and are you looking at the correct info?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Cogsy1976
    Yeah looked on Giant website at the model and also had a look on ebay and there is an exact same bike but with the dart 2, thought maybe there had been a warranty issue or something??
  • OEM upgrades, shortfall on stock, anything really as it's only a nominal upgrade rather than a full on fork swap.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Cogsy1976
    http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bi ... tions_id=4

Here is the link from Giant website
  • Cogsy1976
    ah ok, just had quite a few bike before just never had anything different from OEM
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Occasionally when manufacturers have supply issues for certain components they will fit a similar part instead to keep bikes flowing out of the factory.
    My Gi
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Dart 3 aren't great, but Dart 2s were rubbish so you got lucky.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Cogsy1976
    yeah that's what I thought lol, I only bought it to save my Marin Attack Trail from wear through the winter!
  • This is at the bottom of the page...
    'Every effort has been made to ensure accuracy throughout this website. However, Giant reserves the right to change bike specifications, features, prices and colours without prior notice.'
    Planet X Kaffenback 2
    Giant Trance X2
    Genesis High Latitude 2x10
    Planet X n2a
    Genesis Core 20