Landlords/Letting agent inspection and bike storage

anewman
anewman Posts: 70
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
Live in a rented property, a 3 bedroom flat which is a converted house on the first floor. I leave my bike just behind the door where the stairs run up to the flat, which has a locked door on the ground floor, and have put mats down to protect from mucky wheels and the back resting on the wall. Have an inspection tomorrow and I'm anticipating they will make some comment about the bike along the lines of I can't have it where it is.

I could zip it off somewhere and lock it up then bring it back once the inspection is complete, but it has a flat I can't repair until I pick up some new tyres and inner tubes from Halfords tomorrow evening. I could see if there's a space to stick it in one of the lockers at my local train station about 4 minutes walk away.

Anyone had issues with landlords/their agents and bike storage?

Edit: The cogs are slowly turning, may as well just get up early and figure out how to use the train lockers. Easier to give them nothing to complain about, and I guess just pushing it along with a flat shouldn't damage the rim.

Comments

• rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 29,084
    Don't see why you couldn't put the bike in the main part of the flat for a day if you moved the protective matting with it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just move the thing out for the day and bring it back after, simple really :)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • Take the wheels off and put it under a bed or in a wardrobe. Out of sight, out of mind.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 70
    Take the wheels off and put it under a bed or in a wardrobe. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Lol I like that one. Sadly that's where the rest of my other junk is :D I've gone for the train station locker.