London marathon ballot place

dinkdankdo10
dinkdankdo10 Posts: 180
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
Hi. Long shot but did anyone get a ballot spot for the London marathon that they no longer want ?

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    That would involve running.
    We dont run.

Try asking the people who cant decide whether to go for a swim, out on their bike or go for a run.
    Rule 42.
    http://www.velominati.com/the-rules/

But then, we don't follow rules either.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • upperoilcan
    upperoilcan Posts: 1,180
    Afraid not,

Failed for 6th time ! :evil:
    Cervelo S5 Ultegra Di2.
  • didn't even bother trying this year, entry is even worse now than when it was FLM. I know it is an "iconic" marathon, but there are much better marathons to enter.
  • It may not fit with your calendar/sponsorship plans/whatever, but have a look at the Eindhoven marathon. I think this year's is either this weekend or next weekend. Should be around the same time in 2014. Popular, big and close.
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I was inspired to start running by the first one, ran the next nine then got fed up as it was starting to get too big and silly. So don't even bother now... Same with Glastonbury ...
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Can't you just run 26 miles somewhere else? There are loads of other roads and they won't be full of peole in monkey suits.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    GiantMike wrote:
    Can't you just run 26 miles somewhere else? There are loads of other roads and they won't be full of peole in monkey suits.
    :lol:
    My attitude to sportives. Do them on other weekends. :wink:
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • GiantMike
    GiantMike Posts: 3,139
    Mikey23 wrote:
    I was inspired to start running by the first one, ran the next nine then got fed up as it was starting to get too big and silly. So don't even bother now... Same with Glastonbury ...
    There's a Glastonbury Marathon?
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    I think it's something that everyone should do once. Of course there are other marathons but nothing else comes close to the experience
  • I've done it twice.
    The first time I managed to get a really good start pen and managed to get a good time. I was completely "in the zone" and didn't take in any of the atmosphere.
    The second time I was feeling sick after a few miles and was going to quit, but saw my wife in the crowd and she persuaded to just get around even if I had to walk. I manged to jog it and really took in all the crowd support. I supoose I realised what it meant to all those that were doing it for charity rather than because they were "runners"
    I much prefer to do marathons like Beachy Head Marathon, which are good fun and a really tough test.
  • feltkuota
    feltkuota Posts: 333
    Why don't you do one elsewhere, run the "good for age time" then your London place is guaranteed?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Nobody gives away their ballot places. You need ID to claim it anyway.