Do i require a race License

rgasuk
rgasuk Posts: 89
edited October 2013 in Cyclocross
Hi , after months of debating ( with the mrs ), i finally purchased a cross bike and with a view to trying some racing. Do i require a provisional or full License to take part in the events ?

im looking to take part around the north east so any advice would be much help full.

Thanks. 8)
Road - Scott solace .
Training - giant xtc 1
Mtb - Yt Capra pro
Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance

Comments

• milese
    milese Posts: 1,233
    In the South West league you can buy a day licence for £3 if you are not a British Cycling Member.

I have the basic BC Bronze membership which is sufficant to race without having to pay the £3 fee.
  • I race (...??? :? ) in the Yorkshire Series without a licence, it cost me £17 yesterday. Worth every penny, though if I did have any chance of finishing high up, I don't think I can gain any points without it... :)
  • Pooter
    Pooter Posts: 68
    Provisional will do
  • rgasuk
    Thanks for the response , I'll go BC bronze . Looking forward to having a blast
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
    Past - Scott spark , caadx ultegra , canyon ultimate cf slx ,trek madone , ridley x-fire , giant Defy, giant trance
  • walney
    walney Posts: 35
    As others have said BC bronze with provisional license will be fine. The BC cross league in the north east CXNE is very poplular. I race in the TLI cross league as well in the north east, tenner for a license and races only seven quid. Fields are smaller and no chip timing but courses are the same as BC and very friendly.
  • DavidBelcher
    DavidBelcher Posts: 2,684
    Bronze gets you a ride in all CX races except National Championships & National Trophy (and possibly the 3 Peaks??) - even the Regional Championships can be done on a provisional licence. You won't get any BC national ranking points but if you're affiliated to your local area league in any way (either through a club or as an individual) you should still get points towards the standings in that.

David
    "It is not enough merely to win; others must lose." - Gore Vidal
  • rgasuk
    thanks
    Road - Scott solace .
    Training - giant xtc 1
    Mtb - Yt Capra pro
  • rodgers73
    rodgers73 Posts: 2,626
    Does the Ride membership get you anything? Costs more than the bronze membership!