Are these results for real (Lands End 100)

CptKernow
CptKernow Posts: 467
Did this today. I'm way down the list but just wondered if the top times here could actually be for real.

If you got to http://racetimingsolutions.racetecresul ... 9&RId=2056 and look up the 100 mile ride results the top spot is 3:32. That's 100 miles of hilly terrain, bad roads at 30mph ave, and apparently pretty much a solo effort?!

I'm guessing this is wrong but would be mightly impressed to be corrected.

Comments

• Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Erm no I would think not... That would be quicker than I did the 75k! I suspect that what has happened is that these guys have changed their minds, done the 100k and not notified the organisers. I think it's a common problem in sportives. I thought it was a cracking event... Did you have a good ride?
  • CptKernow
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Erm no I would think not... That would be quicker than I did the 75k! I suspect that what has happened is that these guys have changed their minds, done the 100k and not notified the organisers. I think it's a common problem in sportives. I thought it was a cracking event... Did you have a good ride?

Thought it might be something like that.

Yep, sort of enjoyed it. Was a little dismaying having to crawl around my usual stomping grounds after my legs gave up in Hayle!
  • defycomp2
    defycomp2 Posts: 252
    CptKernow wrote:
    Did this today. I'm way down the list but just wondered if the top times here could actually be for real.

If you got to http://racetimingsolutions.racetecresul ... 9&RId=2056 and look up the 100 mile ride results the top spot is 3:32. That's 100 miles of hilly terrain, bad roads at 30mph ave, and apparently pretty much a solo effort?!

I'm guessing this is wrong but would be mightly impressed to be corrected.

I looked at this last night and thought that he must be on something a bit more than a moped. The start time gives it away though as all the 100m riders should have gone by then. I do think that some folk did get rather lost as I came across a couple with their race ID's climbing up from Loggans Moor roundabout onthe A30 in the early afternoon.
    Summer - Giant Defy Composite 2 (Force 22) (retd)
    Cannondale Synapse Sram Red ETap
    Winter - Boardman CX Team (Rival X1 Hyd)
  • Mikey23
    They got a bit of stick last year for not getting the results out timeously... I enjoyed it more this year than last. I wasn't prepared physically or mentally for some of those climbs but managed to grind it out this year. Next time I won't rush to get down from East cornwall for the '7.30 briefing' though!
  • defycomp2
    I do like the way that the Tempus Leisure (Cornwall Council) route on their documentation was different to what was on the road. I was so looking forward to seeing some Camborne and the direct route to Godrevy but of course landed up in Kehelland instead with the nasty hill on the other side.
  • CptKernow
    DefyComp2 wrote:
    I do like the way that the Tempus Leisure (Cornwall Council) route on their documentation was different to what was on the road. I was so looking forward to seeing some Camborne and the direct route to Godrevy but of course landed up in Kehelland instead with the nasty hill on the other side.

I noticed that. That's what did me in!

All in all though I love the route. Just can't help thinking it would have been easier the other way round - prevailing SW wind and get the tough stuff out of the way early on...
  • defycomp2
    Like the Festival of Sport version last September
  • CptKernow
    DefyComp2 wrote:

Exactly! But I only did the 100k route on that. Rest of it didn't look too bad though if I remember?!
  • defycomp2
    CptKernow wrote:
    DefyComp2 wrote:

Exactly! But I only did the 100k route on that. Rest of it didn't look too bad though if I remember?!

Agree completely. Yesterdays 100k was an exact mirror of the 100k FoS.
    The first section to Kehelland was fine and quick. Godrevy and down gained a bit of a headwind. St Ives to Pendeen was OK with just a couple of awkward (for me) climbs. The 1:6 up to St Just was not appreciated at all whilst the rest was fine excluding the irate pedestrian in Mousehole who dived infront of everyone complaining about cyclists!
  • I did the 100k - excellent event. Top route and well managed. The weather was very kind which made it extra enjoyable. Many of those roads would have been tough going if a gale was blowing in...
  • Mikey23
    Indeed. Three years in a row they've had superb weather. Irate person in mousehole huh, was it like Devon loch and the suffragettes? I must admit I came down that descent at zimmer speed and with smoking rubber after a bad experience last year. There were a couple of places where it wasn't entirely obvious where to go... But hey ho. First 'proper' sportive after clavicle plating so pretty chuffed to get round and only a bit achey