New Bike BH 7.5 prisma (thoughts)

robbielad9
robbielad9 Posts: 21
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Just bought my new bike, a bh 7.5 prisma 2013, id be interested in what you thought as i know that many of you dont like compact frames, the specs are as follows:-

Bh large compact frame
sram force 10 speed groupset
fsa gossemer bb30 compact cranckset 50/34
sram 11/26 cassette
Vision TriMax T30 Clincher Wheelset

this bike is awesome, stiff frame yet comfortable, fast and smooth, and really light coming in at a little over 7.5 kg, ive only put 60 mile on it but if this is a sign of things to come then its going to be a happy relationship :D

apologies if photos are not good its my first time uploading photos to this forum

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like that, looks nice in those colours.
  • diamonddog wrote:
    yea, its defiantly a head turner
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Nice - but with that much seat pin showing, and with that many spacers, it looks like it's too small for you.
  • Imposter wrote:
    Nice - but with that much seat pin showing, and with that many spacers, it looks like it's too small for you.
    the frame is compact which makes the seat tube small and the head tube slightly sloping making it look smaller, if the frame wasnt a compact then the seat tube would be higher by about 2.5 inches,the frame is a large compact, as for the spacers only 2 x 15mm exactly the same as my old regular frame bike, its the most comfortable ride ive had on a road bike
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Yes, I understand what a compact frame is. There's a lot of seatpin showing and 30mm is a lot of spacers. My point is that you could have got the next size up, with less seat pin, less spacers and a slightly shorter stem.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    Imposter wrote:
    Yes, I understand what a compact frame is. There's a lot of seatpin showing and 30mm is a lot of spacers. My point is that you could have got the next size up, with less seat pin, less spacers and a slightly shorter stem.

Not sure about that. Looks to me like a VERY compact frame. If you went for a bigger size and needed a shorter stem it could end up a bit twitchy as it only looks like a 110mm (ish) now. IMHO it is set up as designed.
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    The size and set up looks ok to me.

Iike the matt finish on the frame, looks a nice bike.
  • Imposter wrote:
    if i was to go for the xl frame then the whole dynamic and geometry of the bike would be wrong for me, im 5/11 and the bike has been set up for my hight and reach, the seat pin would still be showing alot on an xl frame take 3cm
  • Coach H wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

Not sure about that. Looks to me like a VERY compact frame. If you went for a bigger size and needed a shorter stem it could end up a bit twitchy as it only looks like a 110mm (ish) now. IMHO it is set up as designed.
    your right it is set up as designed, its a cracking frame, there's only 20cm of the seat pin showing, it might look more in the pictures.
  • Coach H
    Coach H Posts: 1,092
    robbielad9 wrote:
    Coach H wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

your right it is set up as designed, its a cracking frame, there's only 20cm of the seat pin showing, it might look more in the pictures.

As opposed to my Canyon which is NOT a very compact frame set up for my short legs and long torso so hardly any seat pin showing. Moral of the story; different designs interacting with different riders will look ........different :)
    Coach H. (Dont ask me for training advice - 'It's not about the bike')
  • dwanes
    Set up isn't too dissimilar to the Quartz shown here as a 2014 range show bike.

http://road.cc/content/news/95982-bh-launch-2014-range

I am quite liking these BH bikes.
  • dwanes wrote:
    Set up isn't too dissimilar to the Quartz shown here as a 2014 range show bike.

http://road.cc/content/news/95982-bh-launch-2014-range

I am quite liking these BH bikes.
    more or less the same set up apart from the spacers on the stem, havent put too many miles on it yet, but up to now all I can say is what a bike, so comfortable but yet stiff, my ride to work I have never been under 16mins did it this morning on the new bike in under 15 mins, coincidence?
  • robbielad9 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Is that a joke?
  • ConanG1989 wrote:
    robbielad9 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Is that a joke?
    nothing wrong with being proud of your bike, if you dont like It then thats fine, cannot please everyone one can you
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    robbielad9 wrote:
    ConanG1989 wrote:
    robbielad9 wrote:
    diamonddog wrote:
    Is that a joke?
    nothing wrong with being proud of your bike, if you dont like It then thats fine, cannot please everyone one can you
    Errrr, wooooshhh! (I think he is referring to your use of the term 'defiantly' rather than 'definitely')
    Faster than a tent.......
  • ha ha, my bad, didnt even notice that
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    erm my thoughts...
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Looks great to me, frame looks a bit like my Dolan Hercules SL geometry wise. Mine is setup similar with loads of seat pin showing too although I've got my bars a fair bit lower.
  • dwanes
    trek_dan wrote:
    Looks great to me, frame looks a bit like my Dolan Hercules SL geometry wise. Mine is setup similar with loads of seat pin showing too although I've got my bars a fair bit lower.
    Any chance of posting a photo of the Dolan, we don't see too many on here.