Audio Books - your suggestions please

paulintheforest
paulintheforest Posts: 84
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
Following on from my comment about a friend in rants I'm off to the hospital to visit a him tomorrow. It seems he is going to be there some time not moving about much due to various broken bones. I've just dug out an old MP3 player to take with me. Any good suggestions for Audio books and sources to get them cheaply (but still legal) so that I can put a load on there for him?

Thanks

Comments

• simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Not sure about where to download it from but the Simon Scarrow books are all pretty good, the Roman series I really like but the Napoleonic series is good too.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Librivox is a good source for free public domain books (many old and out of copyright). Many local libraries now make these available either for free or for a nominal cost. I enjoyed The Kite Runner.
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    You're first download from Audible is free.
    I would highly recommend Michael Macintyre's autobiography (as read by the man himself on the audiobook), I thought it was hilarious.
  • d10brp
    d10brp Posts: 70
    Some of my faves from the past year:
    Hunger Games Trilogy
    The Passage trilogy
    A Cloud Atlas
    Flash Forward
    The Stand
    Suspect by Robert Crais

Love a good audio book in the car or on the bike
    Scott CR1 Pro
    Specialized Secteur Elite
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them, although no comedy allowed at the moment. Amongst other breakages he has all but one rib broken so laughing is definitely not something he wants to be doing.