ROCK SHOX SID 29er remote lockout question

AD1
AD1 Posts: 53
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
The remote lockout keeps sticking and not working correctly so I'm wondering is it possible to replace remote lockout with a crown lockout? Is there any conversion kits available?

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    first try cleaning the cable.

yes but not cheap. but you could bodge it see the tech FAQs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • shindig
    shindig Posts: 173
    I used an old Shimano dx thumbshifter on my revelations when the lock out broke. Works great.
  • AD1
    AD1 Posts: 53
    Thanks for the reply, will try cleaning and adjusting to see if I can get it working
  • I have a similar issue with my 2013 Reba's. I've been through 2 lockout remotes in 4 months. The internal mechanism is very cheap plastic and has failed in the same way each time. I've given up with using the remote now and to be honest haven't really missed using the lock out that much. The only annoyance is that the forks default position is locked out once you remove the remote. I have tested removing the spring in the damper unit as suggested by others and this seems to work ok for manual crown lockout, but to be safe I reassembled everything and just rigged it in the open position with a cable for now. It's a shame that these fairly pricey forks haven't performed as I'd expected them to but there we go. Sorry that's probably not much help to you but thought I'd share my frustrations as well. I hope you manage to get it sorted.