new lezyne super drive xl light wont charge

timegan2002
timegan2002 Posts: 44
edited October 2013 in Workshop
Got this from chain reaction, it seems to charge fine for few mins (green light flashing) til green light goes solid (supposedly fully charged) but won't turn on.

Before I return is there something I'm doing wrong?

On the reviews on chain reaction there are similar stories but it's been recommended to me by several people.

Thanks

Comments

• Yossie's did the same - refused to charge properly exactly the same then button got stick down in side the casing.

he went through two of these lights before giving up and getting a refund (fair play to Tredz, Yossie says that they were excellent re customer service).

He now runs a £12 Electron that takes 2 x AA batteries and burns holes in steel while lasting weeks. Very recommended he says.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Leave it on charge for a couple of hours and try again. I charge mine using the USB mains plug that came with my garmin edge 500. If no joy get it replaced.

Mine gives good illumination on pitch Black Country lanes. I now have a cheap Chinese light to back it up but have not needed it so far.
  • andyh01
    andyh01 Posts: 599
    I had a set of the micro drives, just under a year and had same issues on both as you describe, took them back to store of purchase who said they'll send them off, when returned worked for a day and same issue, so I duly returned them and aske for a refund this time, which the store duly gave(good customer service from shop) I have now got the moon xp500 and moon shield from stonehendge cycle (cheapest price ) in comparison to the micro drives the build quality is far superior on the moon. I originally got the micro drive when they first came out so the sets cost the same eighty quid, the micro drive have come down a lot in price now though at thirty quid.
  • Thanks all. Yep extra annoying as I'd just sent a 11month old power drive back through warranty as suddenly stopped working. I had thought good customer service from chain reaction but why are they selling lights that have a known fault? Will look at moon or knog blinder options. Cheers