My carrera subway 2011/2012

dannye30
dannye30 Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi everyone in new to this forum, I've got a carrera subway 2011/2012 model had it about a year now and bought it second hand, it's been great until the rear gears started jumping in 7 and 8, took it to a few places and was told that my running gear is wearing out and should be replaced took it to halfords where I was told it just needed a retune of the gearing so a bit confused thought I would just clean the parts and re lube, that seemed to fix the problem but couldn't get gear 8 on the rear halfords sorted that out but told me that I would need to replace the rear cassette chain and maybe the chainset so I was thinking why not upgrade a few parts on my running gear maybe sramx5 or can anyone suggest something that's good but cost effective I mostly ride on roads sometimes light trails so any suggestions would be appreciated

Sorry most post seems to go around the houses

Dannye30

Comments

• mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    You won't get many responses as that is just a wall of text with limited punctuation.

How much do you want to spend? What is on there now? Cassette, chain and chainrings replacement shouldn't cost too much.
  • Yh my post is a block of text sorry. Chainset suntour cw-xct v2, cassette shimano hyperglide cs-hg3-8, rear mech shimano rd-m310.
    Not sure as to price maybe around £100 or just over as on a budget.

Thank you for your response

Dan
  • mcnultycop
    mcnultycop Posts: 2,143
    I'd just replace the cassette, chain and chainrings (assuming they are replaceable) for much less than that. A Deore group set would be a great upgrade to 10 speed but would be over budget.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It's a one piece chain set......parts should cost no more than about £60......
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.