pimms

simonhead
simonhead Posts: 1,399
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
In the pub this evening there was a group drinking pimms from a tea pot with fruit in it. Ever come across this before?
Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.

Comments

• No but I reckon Kirstie Allsop, cath Kidston or jamie Oliver may have something to do with this sort of phenomenon. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,930
    simonhead wrote:
    In the pub this evening there was a group drinking pimms from a tea pot with fruit in it. Ever come across this before?

Must have been a posh place and not the Wheeltappers and Shunters. :D
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Was it the Morpeth Arms? Were they all decked out in brand new Aldi clothing whilst putting the world to rights in a very superior kind of way? And did the loudest one amongst them say things like
    But one might hope that the BB users would realise that the demise of BB would signal a time to develop a posting style more in keeping with the rest of the website.

It's at this point I should probably show a little winky face to show I'm only joshing, but I really don't want to antagonise the intellectuals amongst us.
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    If they tried that near us the locals would take them away for sacrifice ;)
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Was it a posh London suburb?

:wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    arran77 wrote:
    Was it a posh London suburb?

:wink:
    The epitome of suburbia - Surbiton
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Couple of years ago at a great pub in Twickenham I heard a woman ask for a capucino. The barmaid told her she was in a pub, not Starbucks. Unfortunately the pub has since changed hands and now has a large coffee machine behind the bar and sells more poncy drinks than it used to. I don't tend to go there as much any more.
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    Couple of years ago at a great pub in Twickenham I heard a woman ask for a capucino. The barmaid told her she was in a pub, not Starbucks. Unfortunately the pub has since changed hands and now has a large coffee machine behind the bar and sells more poncy drinks than it used to. I don't tend to go there as much any more.
    Quite right too Mr V. I used to work in my local pub and this was the answer I would always give. Coffee in a pub? madness.
    I would make someone a cup of tea if they asked, though. Only if they asked nicely, mind.
    And I wasn't busy. Which I always was.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • DrLex
    DrLex Posts: 2,142
    A long while back, I recall being in a pub in Norfolk that had a tap room rather than a bar, and drinks other than beer and a conviction called "Nelson's Blood" were rarely imbibed. A Golf GTi of yuppies arrived & requested four G&Ts, which were mixed with surly grace; the hospitality dropping a couple of degrees further when the provision of ice was inquired after. However, the question of the availability of slices of lemon was met with "this ain't a farking green-grocers!"
  • rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    DrLex wrote:
    A long while back, I recall being in a pub in Norfolk that had a tap room rather than a bar, and drinks other than beer and a conviction called "Nelson's Blood" were rarely imbibed. A Golf GTi of yuppies arrived & requested four G&Ts, which were mixed with surly grace; the hospitality dropping a couple of degrees further when the provision of ice was inquired after. However, the question of the availability of slices of lemon was met with "this ain't a farking green-grocers!"

I thought it was the done thing to serve gin in real china cups and saucers...

hendricks-tea-cup-serve.jpg

That is how we do it out in the shires anyway.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    Hendricks is very nice and I'm not really a gin drinker.

A few years ago I was at a birthday party in an Inverness bar not known for catering to the cocktail crowd. As I was driving I asked for a mineral water and was told "this is the Caley club, we dinnae do fizzy water. Would you no prefer a pint of Tennents?".
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • mmuk
    mmuk Posts: 398
    DrLex wrote:

Lord Nelson in Burnham Thorpe, possibly?