Steam on or off?

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,355
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
In the light of recent developments and under the spotlight of the dissenting, I would like to take this opportunity to start from a new and pristine sheet with a thread that will undoubtedly show the watching world that BB is alive, prudent and very civilised, contrary to popular belief.

So I want to ask the erudite frequenters of this cauldron of knowledge, wit and subversion:

When I iron my underwear, do I use the steam function or do I switch it off, what do you recommend?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    You iron your underwear? :shock:

Surely that is Mrs Ps job? :wink:

I am currently getting steaming myself if that is of any help.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Daz555
    Daz555 Posts: 3,976
    When I iron my underwear
    Fail.
    You only need two tools: WD40 and Duck Tape.
    If it doesn't move and should, use the WD40.
    If it shouldn't move and does, use the tape.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,413
    Hmmmm excellent question and assuming there's quite a large amount of material to iron, particularly in the seat (fat @rse) a tricky one.

What does the label say?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Don't really go for this ironing lark. I believe it is best done before putting on the garment to be ironed though.
  • Holy batcrap, you do not iron pants. :shock:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Steam and starch on those that are inspected, otherwise go commando as its only one layer to get dry.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Doesn't matter if steam is off or on, it is more pertinent if the pants are off or on. Always best to take em off before ironing. :wink:
  • seanoconn
    Yossie has a supply of steam and starched y-fronts, hidden in the loft of the barracks, along with some other contraband if anybody's running low.
  • ballysmate
    Does too much starch in your pants give you a stiffy? :?
  • daviesee
    Which reminds me....

DDD used to thinks it was only sensible to wear underwear under lycra shorts. Maybe he still does.....

The fact that I can link DDD and underwear makes me a wee bit sicky. :oops:

Time for another malt to calm the mind.
  • Defo steam on... creased undercrakers are NOT de rigeur...
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    seanoconn wrote:
    Yossie has a supply of steam and starched y-fronts, hidden in the loft of the barracks, along with some other contraband if anybody's running low.

They are actually so starched and steamed that if we ever get attacked we can use them as Ninja throwing stars.

The only other alternative is to use the skiddy edges for a dirty attack.......
  • Yossie wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:

They are actually so starched and steamed that if we ever get attacked we can use them as Ninja throwing stars.

The only other alternative is to use the skiddy edges for a dirty attack.......

Do you have a Shitler in mind ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    I use the Corby trouser press on mine.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    The only useful thing to do with a phone directory and a yellow pages these days is as an underpants press. Simply place the pants on the thinner book and place the thicker one on top. Be wary of the yellow dye bleeding out into your white underpants though as it can make them appear as though they are some what urine stained.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    daviesee wrote:
    You iron your underwear? :shock:

Surely that is Mrs Ps job? :wink:

I am currently getting steaming myself if that is of any help.

This is a very dated thought pattern daviesee and not at all what we expect from the upstanding and open minded folk who frequent these parts.

Piña is obviously a modern man very much in touch with his inner feminine side :wink:

I would also suggest the starch option prior to ironing ones under crackers, you need a good head of steam on the old girl to get best results and above all don't forget that the crease must be straight down the front of the Y.

Maybe as an aside we could open this discussion up a little wider to encompass all aspects of modern man living?

:)
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    simonhead wrote:
    I use the Corby trouser press on mine.

Christ, how big are your pants :shock:

:P
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    Is Simon actually Bridget Jones? :lol:
  • daviesee
    arran77 wrote:
    Maybe as an aside we could open this discussion up a little wider to encompass all aspects of modern man living?

:)
    I am offended. I used a smilie to show that I was joking.

I am a very modern man.

I will say and do whatever it takes to...... :wink:
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    There is something very uplifting about having a nice crease in your pants...
  • me-109
    me-109 Posts: 1,915
    Iron pants? Is that not a chastity belt?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    NapoleonD wrote:
    The only useful thing to do with a phone directory and a yellow pages these days is as an underpants press. Simply place the pants on the thinner book and place the thicker one on top. Be wary of the yellow dye bleeding out into your white underpants though as it can make them appear as though they are some what urine stained.

That's typical of you. In this rural location, both the phone directory and the yellow pages are too thin to have any useful capacity. Personally, especially during the not so infrequent power cuts, I put all my ironing under the mattress.
    It is especially effective when getting jiggy with it when trying to make little pina's.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Don't iron the dam things. Crunch them up whilst still damp and let them dry naturally.

The creases as somewhat stimulating.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    In some areas in the north, staining minerals might be in the tap water for example iron dissolved in water would cause your iron to stain your clothing, when using the steam facility, in nasty brown splotches, so would probably pass unnoticed :D

I don't own an iron, so this is all conjecture, I have plenty of paint to watch drying, so just don't have the time.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    team47b wrote:
    In some areas in the north, staining minerals might be in the tap water for example iron dissolved in water would cause your iron to stain your clothing, when using the steam facility, in nasty brown splotches, so would probably pass unnoticed :D

I don't own an iron, so this is all conjecture, I have plenty of paint to watch drying, so just don't have the time.

So says the man who painted braille on his car.
  • team47b
    ...so even the blind can take the pi55 out of my car, seemed fair :D
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Definitely steam on, otherwise the dry heat will bake the stains in !
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,518
    MattC59 wrote:
    Definitely steam on, otherwise the dry heat will bake the stains in !
    Steam off - it's only the stubborn understains that are holding mine together.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    Steam off, pants on, please.
  • seanoconn
    team47b wrote:
    Steam off, pants on, please.
    Right hand on, left hand off. Breath in through nose, out through mouth. On, off, don't forget to breath, very important.