Bottom bracket option

uptheswa
uptheswa Posts: 71
edited October 2013 in Workshop
All my bikes have standard 68mm threaded bottom bracket shells and I run square taper bb in them all. I am thinking of getting a Power2Max which I would switch between bikes. But before I make a purchase, I was wondering if I have better options than buying a square taper Power2Max.

Any other/better bottom brackets that can be fitted to my frames ?

Comments

• maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    any hollowtech 2 BB will fit (Shimano, Hope, CK, Acros ...loads of them), as will any threaded GXP BB (Sram, Truvativ).

if you're dropping that much £ on a chainset then you need to ditch the square taper, whatever the die-hard crusties say. HT2 is tons stiffer.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    I have a BB30 bottom bracket shell for SRAM chainset, BNIB - (maddog2: will that fit?)
    It is brand new and never used, so if its the right one you can have it cheap uptheswa. I will have to root it out of the shed, so give me a day or so.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Here it is:

10105412365_f048281119_z.jpg

Italian thread though - no good to you?!
  • pinno
    It is an 07A GXP BB Team Sram.
  • maddog 2
    maddog 2 Posts: 8,114
    That's not a BB30 BB. It's a threaded GXP BB. BB30 isn't threaded.
    Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's remotely true! - Homer
  • Here it is:

10105412365_f048281119_z.jpg

Italian thread though - no good to you?!

If the pen was Black, I'd have taken it off you! Oh well, the search continues........

:wink:
    Scott CR1 Pro (Build in progress!!)
    Giant Defy 3