Carrying things

Yossie
Yossie Posts: 2,600
edited October 2013 in The bottom bracket
Cool stuff onm commuter general - advice a go - go.

This has been proposed as a kit list for riding to work with:

Kit: Gatorskin tyres, full mudguards, two x front and rear lights, just in case one packs up. Disc brakes are very reliable even in the wet. Full finger gloves for temp 12 degrees and under. Thinsulate Gloves for 5 degrees and under. Fluorescent tops for both wet and dry conditions. Clear glasses. Helmet , neck warmer, bandana for keeping head warm and stop sweat running in eyes. Layer up with base, mid and fleeces, up to 7 layers in really cold minus 3 degree conditions. Leggins from 7 degree downwards. Clip on reflective spoke thingys for being seen on roundabouts". Co2 tyre inflator and back up refills and real pump. Spare inner tube, puncture repair kit, nut bolts bits of chain. set of allen keys, Reading glasses for close up repairs. Charged up Mobile phone. Bottle of water

I think its pretty darn comprehensive - can anyone add to it? I think it covers everything (obviously I have a mobile and back up mobile in case no.1 mobile breaks and sunnies for bright mornings with interchangeable orange lenses for dusk, so all covered there).

Comments

• Bwgan
    Bwgan Posts: 389
    Emergency triangle to warn motorists in case you get a puncture?
  • chaos75
    chaos75 Posts: 72
    Currency. Sterling (notes and coins), euros, dollars, credit card, debit card, travellers cheques, passport to enable cashing of travellers cheques, two other forms of identification. All fits in a standard sized carrier bag.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Yossie you are a rank amateur. You forgot the headcam.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Yossie you are a rank amateur. You forgot the headcam.

No no, we established in Yossies other thread that these just encourage people to go looking for trouble.....

Oh, hang on :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Life raft and gramaphone.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • simonhead
    simonhead Posts: 1,399
    Cheese and pickle sandwich, clip on tie, pocket protector, calculator.
    Life isnt like a box of chocolates, its like a bag of pic n mix.
  • Yossie
    Bizarrely enough, on an American forum someone piosted asking what kindf of weapon other people carried.

One guy came back and started on the OP saying what a nob he was, carrying a shooter, scum of the earth, etc etc.

The OP came back say that he lived in the mountains where there are bears and bad critters. There was also a high security prison nearby where a few people had escaped over the years and these were generally Bad People. So jog on.

Although I do agree that a shooter is a bit of overkill, I was thinking maybe a jet pack (a la James Bond) or maybe a huge plastic floating ball (a la Prisoner) to get me away from Bad People?

Agree with head cam though -0 that's just looking for trouble and Bad Stuff to happen. I also tend to cry when punched repeatedly in the gooch (or run over) and that wouldn't make good viewing for anyone, let alone TDV, TDN and the Yossini who all have a suitably low opinion of the author anyway.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    A device for getting stones out of horses hooves is a must.. Never without mine
  • Multitool with wirecutters.
    Seriously.
    A horse got one of its shoes trapped in some wire on a fallen fence, kept falling over (giving the rider some grief in the process).
    Managed to cut the wire on both sides without it kicking me in the head (came close a few times though). Horse then ran off sans rider. Rider limped off after it without a word, although that may have been due to broken rib or two.
    Happy days.
  • Yossie
    Did you get to look at her norks when you were being a hero?
  • MattC59
    MattC59 Posts: 5,408
    Ejector seat and trifle.
    Science adjusts it’s beliefs based on what’s observed.
    Faith is the denial of observation so that Belief can be preserved
  • Spokey-dokies and a big Awoogah horn. Honk if you are horny !

Seriously, how many lumens do I need and are 32mm tyres good enough for SCR ?
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    @z ... I'm impressed
  • Mouth freshener spray and clean underwear.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    What about some playing cards attached to the frame in such a way that they flip against the spokes of the back wheel so it sounds like you're riding a motorbike?
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    What about some playing cards attached to the frame in such a way that they flip against the spokes of the back wheel so it sounds like you're riding a motorbike?

See my first post matey. :wink:
    I don't mean to brag, I don't mean to boast, but I'm intercontinental when I eat French toast...
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    D'oh!

Hey, no worries have a beer. :D
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Yossie wrote:
    I was thinking maybe a jet pack (a la James Bond)

Handy for the Strava segments
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,322
    I have nothing to say on this matter. I am just posting so that T47b does not get the top 10 posts - he's really going for it.
    This is a tactical troll.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    tactics - arent they mints for dyslexics? :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • arran77
    Yes they are :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Hello arran
  • arran77
    Hello Bally :?

seanoconn
  • ballysmate
    Good effort going for 12. Had to put my spoke in. :lol:
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Good effort going for 12. Had to put my spoke in. :lol:
    :P

seanoconn
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,322
    Wahey. Took my cue then ?!

file.php?avatar=551120_1381001566.jpeg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • arran77

Didn't know you played snooker :P

seanoconn
  • ballysmate

Just for you. Though really I suppose we should all adopt a cat avatar. Being as you were deemed leader by the bicycle clip wearers, you could be Simba.
  • arran77
    Ballysmate wrote:

Just for you. Though really I suppose we should all adopt a cat avatar. Being as you were deemed leader by the bicycle clip wearers, you could be Simba.

Pina the pussy hearder :lol:

seanoconn