Ribble R872 and Scott CR1 Pro

Bookwyse
Bookwyse Posts: 245
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
OK guys , you have seen the Ribble before with the Plant X 50mm's on it but it now sports a set of Mavic R-Sys-SL's for when the climbing get tough:

DSC00357_zps2512d02c.jpg

Also the Orbea has gone and has been replaced with this:

DSC00358_zpsd4b99f1b.jpg

Have also get diffrent wheels that I can swap for different occasions so can choose from:

2008 Ksyrium Elites - Everyday wheels for the Scott
2013 Ksyrium Elites - Everyday wheels for the Ribble
2012 50mm Planet X Carbon Tubs - Fast road wheels
2011 Ksyrium R-Sys SL's best climbing wheels

The Ribble is sporting full Ultegra Double and the Scott full Ultergra but compact so I have got all riding types covered.

What do you guys think??

Comments

• Camcycle1974
    Camcycle1974 Posts: 1,356
    Love the ribble, the cr1 is not my cup of tea. Need some 50MM carbon wheels for my 872, next spring when I have a big birthday coming up. PC c45 tubs I think.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Like them both, the bars and shifters look to be at a weird angle on the Ribble though.
  • Bookwyse
    The bars are a Ness combined stem and bar carbon setup so cant be changed. The shifters are set that I am quite low when I am the hoods as that's the way I prefer to ride.

The Scott was too much of a bargain to miss and is a lovely ride.

Camcycle, get the 50mm Carbon on the 872 and you will not want to get off it. It makes it a real flying machine on the flats.
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    As long as you like them that's what counts. :)
  • Bookwyse
    London100 and Etape Cymru on them cant be wrong.....LOL

I think too many people follow the norm and are scared to try different positions for bars and shifters etc. As you say DD as long as you are comfortable on the bike who cares!!!!!

Thanks for the comments though guys, keep them coming.
  • Camcycle1974
    Bookwyse wrote:
    The bars are a Ness combined stem and bar carbon setup so cant be changed. The shifters are set that I am quite low when I am the hoods as that's the way I prefer to ride.

The Scott was too much of a bargain to miss and is a lovely ride.

Camcycle, get the 50mm Carbon on the 872 and you will not want to get off it. It makes it a real flying machine on the flats.

Will do. Fancy the new C45 tubs next year. 40th present from someone hopefully :wink:
  • The Scott is really really nice! What size is it?
  • Bookwyse
    Its a 48cm XS. Shouldn't really fit me as I'm 5'11" but with the longer stem it suits me really well. As using it as the main bike for training on and climbing.
  • Smithster
    Smithster Posts: 117
    What size is the Ribble? Just curious as mine is on order and will be ready any day now!

Still paranoid iv'e gone for the wrong size, despite speaking to Ribble and sitting on one at the bike show....

Nice bikes by the way :)

Cheers

Andy
  • R872 is very nice, wheels really suit it ;)

Just ordered my R872 on the bike to work scheme :)
  • Bookwyse
    Cheers guys, the the Ribble is a 52.5.
  • Camcycle1974
    Wow, the 872's are multiplying! Only ever seen one before getting mine, sounds like everyone is getting one. Mine is a 50cm for reference and fits me just right at 5"9.5. What size did you get Smithster, height etc?
  • Smithster
    Ive gone for the 50cm and I am 5ft 10. So it looks as though I should be about right. Like I said, I tried one at the bike show which was a 52.5, and to be fair I did feel a bit stretched out on it. We'll see.

I'll post a pic when mine comes. Gone for a 105 group set, with Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels. :D

Cheers

Andy
  • Bookwyse
    Had mine for 12 months now.
  • Smithster
    Bookwyse wrote:
    Had mine for 12 months now.

I take it your pleased with it then!

I've heard so many good things about them, and with the price, the offer was too good to pass up on. Can't wait for mine to come.
  • Bookwyse
    Love it, out of the two I prefer the Ribble even though it's the "cheaper" bike.
  • Camcycle1974
    Smithster wrote:
    Ive gone for the 50cm and I am 5ft 10. So it looks as though I should be about right. Like I said, I tried one at the bike show which was a 52.5, and to be fair I did feel a bit stretched out on it. We'll see.

I'll post a pic when mine comes. Gone for a 105 group set, with Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels. :D

Cheers

Andy

You'll be fine mate. Same as my 872 except for the wheels. When I got mine it looked tiny compared to my Giant but having done a 150 mile ride on it last weekend I can confirm it fits me well! Went to the show too and was underwhelmed by the other Ribble offerings. The Gran Fondo was ok but looked like a knock off Pinanrello. 872 is definitely pick of the bunch.
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    nice...
  • Smithster
    Picked my Ribble up today (sorry for the rubbish Photo). Only had a quick ride up the street, so fingers crossed for some dry weather tomorrow! Frame size does indeed seem to fit me fine, I guess a full ride will tell.
  • Camcycle1974
    Loving the rs80's What weight is yours? I was surprised to find mine is 8.5kg, was expecting it tone under 8. Have heavy ish hand builts on it though
  • Bookwyse
    Mine with the 50mm Planet X carbon tubs is 7.25kg and with the Kysrium SL's is 7.4kg. That's including everything and ready to ride.
  • Smithster
    Just weighed mine. With everything on the weights stands at 8 kg dead. Time for a test ride!
  • Camcycle1974
    Think I need some lighter wheels. The PC carbon tubs look favourite