Pro road racing dream website

guillaumemriaux
guillaumemriaux Posts: 4
edited October 2013 in Commuting chat
Hello everyone,

I explain my situation, I have a website in my country that deals with the major sports events. I found myself a great interest for road cycling and would like to create content that would satisfy the fan community.
I am not an expert and I would like to better understand what kind of information you guys are seeking online concerning road cycling ?
(Talk about cycling with other members, reading articles, playing fantasy league... ?)
For instance for an event such as the Tour de France what kind of complementary information you would like to get.
In advance thank you so much for your help.

Comments

• tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    For the Tour, would be really good to have advance notice of which stages and parts of stages are going to be the most exciting. For instance:
    Stage 1 - The whole unknown distance thing with the bus made the last part of the stage very exciting, and wasn't communicated very well in advance
    Stage 13 (the crosswind one) - If the media had reported how exciting this stage was going to be, I'd have watched it live
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Just make a knock off of BikeRadar, it's the best there is :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Gotta say if you're asking, it won't be much cop. We want insight, news, and news that hasn't been scraped off the Guardian Bike Blog, reviews, interviews and facts. Results aren't much use as they're readily available anywhere already.

If I were you I'd put together some kind of league table web-page that allows commuter cyclists to log and compare their miles against each other. You'd get what...? dozens following it. Probably. Then I could drop mine.