RS Tora 302 U Turn - is it working?

andrewmacgregor
andrewmacgregor Posts: 3
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Since I bought my new bike I've never really been sure that the OEM front fork was working properly. This is my first proper hard tail suspension bike, so I haven't got anything to compare it to.

However, the fork seems very stiff on smaller bumps and moves almost the whole length of travel on larger stuff and under heavy braking. Most of my riding is on fast gravely tracks/bridleways and it's like riding a fixed fork on some routes. It could rattle my fillings out if I had any. I've tried playing with the rebound adjuster, tortoise/hare setting, but it makes no difference.

If it wasn't for the fact that I weigh around 200lbs, I'd probably be looking at changing the spring for one less stiff. I've read that the stock spring is actually for a lighter rider anyway.

I've watched GoPro videos of this fork on YouTube and it seems to react to smaller bumps, but I just found the comment below from an online review which describes the problem I have.

Weaknesses: Small bump action is disgusting.Lockout is not powerful.Brake dive is enermous.Weak rebound handle.A bit heavy for XC.

Do you think there is a problem with this fork, or am I just expecting too much from it?

Comments