weight??

2»

Comments

• carrock
    carrock Posts: 1,103
    Thor Hushovd at 13 stone won a stage of the TdF a couple of years ago which was, if not a mountain top finish, one with a mountain in it.

I think all cyclists would do well to aim to get to about 10% bodyfat ( not less )

I am muscular and fat at 16 stone but at 13 stone would have 10% BF at 5 ft 11, which is where I aim to be, and coincidentally is the upper range for a sprinter on the chart

Losing muscle mass causes your metabolism to drop and makes it harder to lose any residual fat, and of course will look worse

Anyone who tries to lose upperbody muscle to make them a better cyclist, unless one is trying to win a grand tour, is a halfwit in my opinion.
  • alihisgreat
    alihisgreat Posts: 3,872
    carrock wrote:
    Thor Hushovd at 13 stone won a stage of the TdF a couple of years ago which was, if not a mountain top finish, one with a mountain in it.

I think all cyclists would do well to aim to get to about 10% bodyfat ( not less )

I am muscular and fat at 16 stone but at 13 stone would have 10% BF at 5 ft 11, which is where I aim to be, and coincidentally is the upper range for a sprinter on the chart

Losing muscle mass causes your metabolism to drop and makes it harder to lose any residual fat, and of course will look worse

Anyone who tries to lose upperbody muscle to make them a better cyclist, unless one is trying to win a grand tour, is a halfwit in my opinion.

You don't have to try to loose upperbody muscle.. you just have to stop trying to keep it :mrgreen:

you slim down naturally as soon as you start doing proper mileage and training, but having said that I put on 4kg - mostly going to my core and upper body when I was racing over the summer!