Weird Question - Campagnolo Khamsins 'no tick'

forextc
forextc Posts: 11
edited October 2013 in Road beginners
A weird question as per the title. I've just bought a new pair of Red/Black 2013 Khamsins and fitted my old cassette. But on spinning the wheels up there is no 'tick' - in fact the wheels run silent unlike other Campag wheels I have when free wheeling. It's making me wonder if something is amiss as I quite like the reassurance of the clicking!

Any one else found this?

Comments

• arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Nope.

At least people won't know you're shirkin though :wink:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Sounds like the pawls aren't moving freely. Either too little lube, or somebody's stuck grease in there rather than light oil. I'd be tempted to whip the freehub off and have a look.
  • This happened with my Fulcrum Racing 5s when they were new but didn't last that long. The freehub ticks all the time now if I'm freewheeling.
  • forextc
    forextc Posts: 11
    Just been for an hour ride and what do you know?! I'm starting to hear a faint ticking sound starting... must be because they are new. I kinda find it reassuring though... :D