Canyon Ultimate AL 9.0 2014

calbelfield
calbelfield Posts: 59
edited October 2013 in Your road bikes
Just arrived today, ahead of schedule! Built it up and took it out for a quick spin, feels like an absolute dream to ride. Every last bit of power feels like it is being transferred to the rear wheel, the stiffness is immense. Quite surprised at how comfortable the ride is though, and jesus Ultegra is a big step up from Tiagra!

Here it is:
73sp.jpg

p1kw.jpg

Think I'll give it a few rides before the weather turns foul and then leave it in the bike shed once the grit starts being put out.

Cheers!

Comments

• looks well........I like Canyon. What size is that?
    let me know please how the 11 speed ultegra sti and gears go.......I fancy them on my rig for 2014. Sure, you'll have minimum to base it on against the Tiagra but a general report would be welcome.
    Took her up for the winter after October but visit her most days just to look and dream of next season; enjoy!
  • Fine looking machine you have there, Calbelfield!

Enjoy your ride & a long term report would be very much appreciated as people (myself included) will no doubt be interested in how the new 11 speed performs!

Cheers
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Looks very nice, hope it rides well.
  • Yellow Peril
    Yellow Peril Posts: 4,466
    just great bikes through and through.
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • looks well........I like Canyon. What size is that?
    let me know please how the 11 speed ultegra sti and gears go.......I fancy them on my rig for 2014. Sure, you'll have minimum to base it on against the Tiagra but a general report would be welcome.
    Took her up for the winter after October but visit her most days just to look and dream of next season; enjoy!

It's a size Large, think that's a 58. Had another ride on it today, and got a good chance to test the gears out. The shifting feels very slick, especially shifting between chainrings, and, after a bit of tweaking, the rear shifting is by far and a way better than on tiagra. The levers feel light and easy to move, the thing that feels slightly weird for me is that shifting down the cassette, the gear only changes as the sti lever is released back to it's normal position, whereas on tiagra it gave a much more mechanical/clunky feedback shifting as the lever is pushed left. Can't really say whether 11 speed is worth it yet, but I guess it's nice to be able to control cadence a little more.
  • Steve236
    Steve236 Posts: 212
    I really like the paint jobs on this and the 2014 roadlite. A bit jealous as I have the 2013 AL 7.0 which, although I love very much, isn't quite as handsome as this one (its got canyon.com written on every available tube!).

I agree that they are fantastic bike though.
  • awsm
    awsm Posts: 210
    Nice, Canyon's Alu bikes can spar w/ CAAD 10's imo.
  • awsm wrote:
    Nice, Canyon's Alu bikes can spar w/ CAAD 10's imo.

nice bike, they offer great vfm but those welds cant touch what Cannondale offer.

there were issues with,delivery times of 2013 bikes, has that been resolved with 2014's?
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • mlefa30
    mlefa30 Posts: 64
    ive got a roadlite 7.0 ultegra on order & cannot wait

your bike looks fab
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    very nice
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap