Joes No Flats Refill Advice

trevrobwhite
trevrobwhite Posts: 8
edited October 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi guys and girls,
I was after a bit of advice and I hope it is ok to post here.

I've had my Specialized 29er for just under a year now, after getting my first puncture my mate got me to convert to tubeless by splitting open a 26" tube, putting the tyre back on and filling with Joes no flats (and trimming after).

All was excellent no punctures no flats until I had the bike in storage for about a month and found the tyres where flat (about 9 months after setting up). I pump it up and it goes down to flat slowly over about 12 hours.

So I filled the tyres with 500ml of sealant between them but they still continue both continue to go flat. The tyres are in good condition as it hasn't done that many miles, I've also checked the valve is clear and no sealant is leaking from anywhere.

I'm wondering if I should have cleaned the old sealent out first or if I should have replaced the tube so I contacted the manufacturer but they aren't replying so before I give up and put my standard tubes back in I thought I'd ask here for any ideas and also ask is this normal over time i.e. would I be better to stick with tubes for the amount I use the bike which is about once a week max (work, kids etc).

Thank-you for your time.