Cycle Box at Junction

Neil_aky
Neil_aky Posts: 211
edited October 2013 in Road general
Apologies if this has already been seen / posted but thought I should share - not every day a cyclist gets an apology (from the police).

http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/article/83213/caught-on-camera-newcastle-cyclist-lays-down-the-law-to-policeman

Comments

• chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Michael Smiles from Cruddas Park

that's a good name and place of residence!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Ah, the good old plod, up to their usual lazy, malevolent time-wasting, while simultaneously claiming they don't have the resources to tackle crime.

I suppose an apology is nice, but it doesn't even begin to explain the stratospheric levels of uselessness displayed in these sort of examples. It wouldn't be so bad if it were possible to find even a single person who has ever witnessed them pulling over a motorist for using a mobile while driving, an event which is so common you'd have to be dead or located in another part of the galaxy not to have seen about a dozen times a day without even trying.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    cedargreen wrote:
    Ah, the good old plod, up to their usual lazy, malevolent time-wasting, while simultaneously claiming they don't have the resources to tackle crime.

I suppose an apology is nice, but it doesn't even begin to explain the stratospheric levels of uselessness displayed in these sort of examples. It wouldn't be so bad if it were possible to find even a single person who has ever witnessed them pulling over a motorist for using a mobile while driving, an event which is so common you'd have to be dead or located in another part of the galaxy not to have seen about a dozen times a day without even trying.

I wish I was able to perform citizen aressts for this kind of thing, this morning, a woman on the phone pulled away from a junction whilst looking in her handbag that was on her lap! she looked up saw the cars in from were moving, looked back down and started to move whilst looking back in her bag with no hands on the wheel!! luckily i was along side her at the time and not in front of her or trying to turn right just ahead or anything!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes