New bike for me today,but...

bikemanspen
bikemanspen Posts: 101
edited October 2013 in Road general
Ok so I picked up a new cube agree gtc pro today which I love it but I took it out to do a few miles and the gears are clicking and are quite noisy? I know they will proberbly just need adjusting but is this normal for a brand new bike?
I'm not great with fixing things myself and usually nip to the lbs but wasn't expecting to be going so soon :(

Any advise welcome
Cheers ben
Cube agree pro 2013
Trek fuel ex8 2009 (rootbeer)

Comments

• Not unusual before things bed in. Get it back to the shop they'll adjust it.
  • Yeah I thought as much. I'll have to drive over and pop it back in to them.

Thanks Ben
    Cube agree pro 2013
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Just back from a week touring Kazakhstan on one of those babies. Nice choice :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • We're you on the rock hard saddle they come with?? Bit sore myself atm.haha
    Also do you manage ok with the stock gearing?
    Cube agree pro 2013
  • seanoconn
    We're you on the rock hard saddle they come with?? Bit sore myself atm.haha
    Nope, swapped to my trusty specialized Romin :D
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    We're you on the rock hard saddle they come with?? Bit sore myself atm.haha

Know what you mean. Ar5e like a baboon. :shock:
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    Ok so I picked up a new cube agree gtc pro today which I love it but I took it out to do a few miles and the gears are clicking and are quite noisy? I know they will proberbly just need adjusting but is this normal for a brand new bike?
    I'm not great with fixing things myself and usually nip to the lbs but wasn't expecting to be going so soon :(

Any advise welcome
    Cheers ben

Bought my cube from CRC Northern Ireland, arrived with the gears adjusted correctly (and the brake cables swapped for driving on the right) 18 months later and there is still no need to adjust them, so once the LBS set them properly for you, you will have over a year to learn how to adjust them yourself when/if the time comes to do it again.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • ballysmate
    Really bugs me when I have to change the brake cables around when I take the bike abroad.
    What side of the road do they drive on in Kazakhstan?
  • seanoconn
    The right. You don't have to change your cables around, just allow more room when overtaking Ladas.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    seanoconn wrote:
    The right. You don't have to change your cables around, just allow more room when overtaking Ladas.

Never mind Lada's, when I was in Albania, the tuktuk drivers used to think it funny to slow down, pull the choke on, rev the engine and smoke the hell out of you as they passed you on your bike.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    Never made it to Albania, got as far as Skopje, Macedonia.
    The reason they all slowed down is they mistook you for this fella.

NormanWisdom_fall_bike.jpg
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    I hired a bike once in Southern Vietnam. It had a 3 speed surmey archer set up and 'Racing Superfast' written on the top tube. The guy told me on the phone when I called him to book it:

"Bloody good bike, it go real quick, you no need hermet in Vietnam, 1 dolla a day mister and if you give me 5 dolla, you keep the damn f*cking thing"
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!