Ribble audax/winter sizing

manimal
manimal Posts: 434
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at a winter Ribble frame but confused.com about which size to go for. I usually ride a specialized allez size L /boardman carbon size L, I'm 6 ft 1 with a 32 inside leg.
The Ribble size guide is pointing me at a 56 but I'm not convinced, does anyone of a similar height have any comments on what size they have?
Cheers

Comments

• ba68
    ba68 Posts: 156
    I am just over 6' and about the same inside leg and bought a 58 and its spot on, I have a 100mm stem and about 25mm of spacers under the stem, I could have possibly gone down to 56 but drop would have been a bit much without loads of spacers. You could go up to a60 if you have a long reach but I would have thought a 58 would be about right. I bought mine as a frame only about a year ago and built it up with various bit I had collected and 10 speed Tiagra, it serves as my wet weather / winter / do it all bike and I really can't fault it.
  • the 60cm is what their the 56cm used to be in old money. they now measure seat tube centre to top instead of centre to centre. i am 6' tall and ride this size.it is not too big.it is spot on for me. maybe you would be better on the 58 but can't see that the 56 would be any good for someone 6' tall.it is equivalent to their old 52.

To be fair the top tube length on the 56 is not much less @56cm but the head tube is a lot shorter at 13cm.