Rockshox Tora 318 Coil U turn Service requirement

jcb1993
jcb1993 Posts: 3
edited September 2013 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

My bike has rockshox tora 318 coil u turn forks on with poplok. The bike itself hasnt been used for about a year and has been in storage for this time. Before this, the bike was used on light off-road trails and it wasnt really abused much. I am looking to get back on the bike on some trails and wondered if anyone thought that the forks would likely need any service/seal replacements before use again, or whether they could simply be ridden straight away again?

Cheers

Jamie

Comments

• A lower lube takes about half an hour and would be well worth doing. The seals should be fine with a clean and lube.
  • Thanks for the reply. What exactly does a lower lube consist of? Im quite handy with practical things and tools but havnt really looked into stripping the suspension previously so im not that informed as to how the things come apart.
  • http://www.sram.com/service/rockshox/all. Sram website . Service section under rockshox and you will find pdf guides.
    Simple procedure using socket allen key and a rubber mallet . Check oil volume for your year and model .A syringe is handy ( pennies from a chemist ) . May need grease (ensure it is suspension compatible as some can damage o rings ) I used a weldtite one . Be careful putting lower legs back on as if not done carefully you can distort the upper seals . I found it easier with forks off the bike but that is not essential . 30 mins is about right . Cleanliness is important .