Comments

• ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinar talking bollox, whatever next? :lol:
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinar talking bollox, whatever next? :lol:

I can spout bollox all day long Basil. At least I have a smile on my face.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    spen666 wrote:
    Rubbing my hands with Hughes at Stoke, then he will have managed to get almost every team he has been in charge of relegated. He was good at Blackburn but pretty sh1te anywhere else.

Come on the Gunners.

Hmm, He's managed the following:

1999–2004 Wales
    2004–2008 Blackburn Rovers
    2008–2009 Manchester City
    2010–2011 Fulham
    2012 Queens Park Rangers
    2013– Stoke City

Well, Wales were not relegated - obviously

Blackburn were not relegated under him

Manchester City were not relegated under him

Fulham were not relegated under him

QPR were not relegated under him. He only managed them for the first 12 out of the 38 games in the season. They were relegated under Harry "the tax dodger" Redknapp

So out of the 4 club sides he has managed a total of 0 were relegated under him.

That backs up your statement that " he will have managed to get nearly every team he has managed relegated"

Please don't let facts get in the way of blind hatred of him
    Pinarello may be an idiot but one thing he's not is a hateful idiot.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    seanoconn wrote:
    spen666 wrote:
    Rubbing my hands with Hughes at Stoke, then he will have managed to get almost every team he has been in charge of relegated. He was good at Blackburn but pretty sh1te anywhere else.

Come on the Gunners.

Hmm, He's managed the following:

1999–2004 Wales
    2004–2008 Blackburn Rovers
    2008–2009 Manchester City
    2010–2011 Fulham
    2012 Queens Park Rangers
    2013– Stoke City

Well, Wales were not relegated - obviously

Blackburn were not relegated under him

Manchester City were not relegated under him

Fulham were not relegated under him

QPR were not relegated under him. He only managed them for the first 12 out of the 38 games in the season. They were relegated under Harry "the tax dodger" Redknapp

So out of the 4 club sides he has managed a total of 0 were relegated under him.

That backs up your statement that " he will have managed to get nearly every team he has managed relegated"

Please don't let facts get in the way of blind hatred of him
    Pinarello may be an idiot but one thing he's not is a hateful idiot.

+1
    And I don't think there is anything wrong with his vision either. :lol:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Ballysmate wrote:
    And I don't think there is anything wrong with his vision either. :lol:
    ...despite spending far too much time 'looking at' the Girls threads :)

Not got anything for or against Hughes but his record is a bit crap. He didn't last long at Fulham or City and QPR was a disaster. Stoke are only out of the relegation zone on goal difference which leaves Blackburn as his only decent effort. Not very good...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Point of order but can we get back to gloating at the dorty red scum's fall from the top table before it's too late? They're only a couple of wins off top spot and as someone once said, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Cheers.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    The thing about United is that with the debts that they have, and a team which is clearly in need of rebuilding, they cannot afford to not win titles. A few seasons of doing nothing more than challenge for the top 4 and they'll be absolutely screwed.
  • pinno
    johnfinch wrote:
    The thing about United is that with the debts that they have, and a team which is clearly in need of rebuilding, they cannot afford to not win titles. A few seasons of doing nothing more than challenge for the top 4 and they'll be absolutely screwed.

I do hope your right. The revenue generated from CL and winning Premierships keeps the debts covered...

Imagine the end of season table:

1 Arsenal
    2 Everton
    3 Tottenham
    4 Liverpool
    18 Man United
    19 Sunderland
    20 Newcastle
  • cornerblock
    cornerblock Posts: 3,228
    Or there is the reality.
  • spen666
    spen666 Posts: 17,709
    CiB wrote:
    Point of order but can we get back to gloating at the dorty red scum's fall from the top table before it's too late? They're only a couple of wins off top spot and as someone once said, it's a marathon not a sprint.

Cheers.

I concur, it wasn't very long that Liverpool remained top of the Premiership was it. now that Arsenal have replaced them.....
    Want to know the Spen666 behind the posts?
    Then read MY BLOG @ http://www.pebennett.com

Twittering @spen_666
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    johnfinch wrote:

Indeed. The paltry match day income United generate, exacerbated by what can only be described as an inadequate series of endorsement and sponsorship deals across the globe should see us in the Championship before too long.

While it is impossible for (I hope) any United fan to agree with what the Glazers (spit) have done, the debt is at least coming down. We may return to where we were before they arrived on the scene before too long.

Separately, we don't have a great team at the moment. Clearly not the case. But let's face it, we're still stronger than most. To draw a direct comparison, I can think of one London based team that has done nothing more than challenge for the top 4 for a good few seasons, winning nothing. At all. Yet somehow they have managed to avoid being 'absolutely screwed'.
  • VTech wrote:
    Mikey23 wrote:
    Hopefully the football bubble has burst...

Thats something you DONT want

Its like when the banks were in trouble and people suggested letting them go and not bail them out, the end result of that would have been catastrophic, far worse than what ended up happening.

Football has got to a point (I don't like it) that it is not only a business but a way of life, if the money was to fall out of it there would be huge problems arising from the fallout.

Yes there would surely be carnage in Esher should ManU fail.
  • Bondurant wrote:
    johnfinch wrote:

Indeed. The paltry match day income United generate, exacerbated by what can only be described as an inadequate series of endorsement and sponsorship deals across the globe should see us in the Championship before too long.

While it is impossible for (I hope) any United fan to agree with what the Glazers (spit) have done, the debt is at least coming down. We may return to where we were before they arrived on the scene before too long.

Separately, we don't have a great team at the moment. Clearly not the case. But let's face it, we're still stronger than most. To draw a direct comparison, I can think of one London based team that has done nothing more than challenge for the top 4 for a good few seasons, winning nothing. At all. Yet somehow they have managed to avoid being 'absolutely screwed'.

who? my boys? well we have been screwed for a while, and the media agreed, thats why most of our fans were up in arms. whether this season peters out in a scrap for 4th after the promising start (against weak clubs admittedly) will determine whether the worm has turned or its a false dawn.

as for united, they will never be screwed someone will always step in, however at the mo they have an average team for them that due to the increasing weakness of the PL as a whole wont the title last year dependent on a few players and fergies will. moyes has no where near the fear factor motivational ability and players wanting to play for him as fergie did, as such the squad is performing more to its true level, especially if robin the ****** isnt firing. sure u will be top 4ish but you wont have a chance for the title.
  • finchy
    finchy Posts: 6,686
    Bondurant wrote:

The income and sponsorship deals depend on United winning trophies, as they did consistently under Ferguson.
    Bondurant wrote:

Arsenal have been buying decent players on the cheap and then selling them for far more than they paid. They also didn't start off with hundreds of millions of pounds' worth of debt.
  • bondurant
    bondurant Posts: 858
    I realise the size of deals depend on trophies won. But by the same token they don't disappear when you don't win a lot, they get smaller. Also, they are multiple-year. They don't just suddenly vanish. In United's case there are lots and lots of these deals, as well as other sources of cash, like a full stadium. The full stadium, by the way, was still full when we were rubbish in the 70s and 80s, so perhaps it would still be full if we suddenly turn into relegation fodder.

Your point about Arsenal I sort of get. I think you overlook that, even with the debt (which, by the way, was foisted upon us rather than something we 'started off with') United is a very profitable business. We actually still make money. It's just that some of it goes towards the leeches' debt repayments.
  • pinno
    ..and by the leeches, we know who you are referring to.
  • arsenal dont make a profit without player sales or property deals though...our acclaimed financila model is a load of bollox when you look into it!
  • pinno
    arsenal dont make a profit without player sales or property deals though...our acclaimed financila model is a load of bollox when you look into it!

What is Arsenal's financial model?
  • the faux one the media crap on about, about being sustainable, living within our means, selling our best players etc etc.
  • pinno
    the faux one the media crap on about, about being sustainable, living within our means, selling our best players etc etc.

Well that aside... I thought it would be funny if MU got no silverware for the next 10 years after RVP jumped ship.

"The little boy inside me said Manchester United" LMFAO
  • you cannot blame him for wanting to leave....had we signed nemo last year he wouldn't have gone, and we would have been on the way to being a force again rather than in a yearly bun fight with the scum for 4th.

the only saving grace united have is that at least they have got big and rich relatively organically, rather than the completely artificial growth of chelsea, city and to a lesser extent the scum (joe lewis anyone?)