mavic r-sys slr or kysrium slr?

steadyuk
steadyuk Posts: 295
edited September 2013 in Road buying advice
Anyone got any experience of the above wheels? Kysrium a bit heavier, but guess would be less fragile than r-sys carbon spokes?

Comments

• hi there I had slr's for about 3 years very fast wheels never had to have trued at all but have just changed to r-sys they are fantastic super stiff they climb great and on down hill they scare me in my opinion have s-sys
  • at that price point you would expect them to to have an integrated electric motor in the hub or to have a little port to release freshly made espresso or something along those lines... whilst they only roll and only if you pedal, it seems a pretty disappointing ROI.
    If you invest the same money wisely, chances are in 12 months with your ROI you can get a decent set of wheels which will do exactly the same job and you will retain the initial capital.
    On a more serious note, if you go for these, buy into the crash replacement scheme
    left the forum March 2023
  • cyclosteve wrote:
    hi there I had slr's for about 3 years very fast wheels never had to have trued at all but have just changed to r-sys they are fantastic super stiff they climb great and on down hill they scare me in my opinion have s-sys

Why do they scare you on the downhills. Is the braking a bit sus?
  • I had the r-sys tubular and they were lovely until rim went out of true in a fairly modest pot hole. £400 plus for replacement rim, also told mavic recommends all spokes needed replacing with a new rim. Either way in the bin and no more mavics for me!