Wilier Cento 1 SR

andyoh
andyoh Posts: 115
edited May 2014 in Your road bikes
DSC02894.jpg

DSC02895.jpg

Special order red Cento 1 SR frame
Full 11 speed Campagnolo Chorus apart from an Athena crank (the crank was taken from my previous bike)
Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Dark Label wheels
Continental GP4000S tyres and latex tubes
Deda Zero 100 bar and Deda Zero 100 stem
Lizard Skin bar tape
Fizik Arione CX saddle
Look Keo2 Carbon pedals

As the Cento 1 SR frames are made in Italy, I wanted to keep the bike as Italian as possible. Hopefully I've managed that with the exception of the bar tape, tyres and pedals.

Comments

• diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Nice, very eye catching.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Careful with the spacers, shouldn't be clamping the stem right at the top of the steerer...
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Drool 8)

Where did you order it from ?
    All the gear, but no idea...
  • Very nice.

powertorque?
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • Very Nice :D

Picking up my Cento Uno tomorrow..pics will follow!!
  • Here's mine, standard UK spec - Athena and FSA bits, fulcrum quattros.

bike-3.jpg

What bottom bracket / adaptor did you use to fit the crank? I feel a campagnolo crank somewhere in my future that FSA thing is just too ugly.
  • andyoh
    andyoh Posts: 115
    edited October 2013
    The bike was actually a frame swap. I previously had a 2011 Wilier Gran Turismo which unfortunately had paint finish problems and was out of the one year paint warrranty. After a few emails and conversations between the dealer and the distributor and finally an email direct to Wilier Italy from myself together with many pictures of the paint finish problems, I received a call from ATB, the UK distributor, offering me a replacement frame. ATB said I could have an exact replacement or I could upgrade and pay the difference. I duly ordered a red Cento 1 SR back in July and paid the dfifference. A big thank you to ATB for being very accommodating.

My GT was full Campagnolo 11 speed Athena, with the components being silver in colour. The GT also had Ritchey bars and stem and these were replaced with Deda Zero 100 bars and a Deda Zero 100 stem. The Ritchey bars, stem and carbon seat post that were on the GT are now on my winter bike, a Wilier La Triestina. I wanted to have black components so I sold all the Athena components apart from the crank and bought black 11 speed Chorus. I'm glad I did get Chorus as it is so much nicer and smoother to use than Athena. I also wanted to keep the bike as Italian as possible so bought the Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Dark Label wheels. These are very stiff and responsive and roll incredibly well, probably due to the ceramic bearings. My previous wheels, Mavic Ksyrium SL's are now on my son's Cannondale CAAD10.

@Papavero, The frame came with adaptors to fit an Ultratorque crank so the Campag crank went straight on it, I also got a spare rear hanger with the frame. It may be that a frame replacement comes with adaptors where as a complete bike bought new from a cycle shop may not come with adaptors as it already has the FSA crank. I believe you can buy an adaptor to fit a Campag crank.

Any I am a very happy person as I finally have the bike I've always wanted.

@Nap D, the dealer built the bike and for some reason cut the steerer tube 15mm too high. The picture above was taken as I got the bike out of the car having just picked it up. After measuring everything there is now a 15mm spacer on top of the stem :wink:
  • I recently changed the crankset on mine but stuck with the fsa as it came with the 386bb. Went k force light though. I was going to go campag but the bike shop recommended against power torque. He didn't seem to rate it although I've personally never tried it.

i agree the fsa stuff looks poor but i put a carbon wrap on the cranks and it looks pretty good.

you will love the bike. Looks good.
    Wilier Cento Uno SR 2013 in Fluro Yellow
    Cannondale Caad10 2014 in BLACK!!
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    very jazzy...
  • fleshtuxedo
    fleshtuxedo Posts: 1,853
    Really nice job, but yes you should have at least one spacer above the stem for the safety of the steerer.
  • WetWillie
    WetWillie Posts: 1
    andyoh wrote:
    The bike was actually a frame swap. I previously had a 2011 Wilier Gran Turismo which unfortunately had paint finish problems and was out of the one year paint warrranty. After a few emails and conversations between the dealer and the distributor and finally an email direct to Wilier Italy from myself together with many pictures of the paint finish problems, I received a call from ATB, the UK distributor, offering me a replacement frame. ATB said I could have an exact replacement or I could upgrade and pay the difference. I duly ordered a red Cento 1 SR back in July and paid the dfifference. A big thank you to ATB for being very accommodating.

My GT was full Campagnolo 11 speed Athena, with the components being silver in colour. The GT also had Ritchey bars and stem and these were replaced with Deda Zero 100 bars and a Deda Zero 100 stem. The Ritchey bars, stem and carbon seat post that were on the GT are now on my winter bike, a Wilier La Triestina. I wanted to have black components so I sold all the Athena components apart from the crank and bought black 11 speed Chorus. I'm glad I did get Chorus as it is so much nicer and smoother to use than Athena. I also wanted to keep the bike as Italian as possible so bought the Campagnolo Shamal Ultra Dark Label wheels. These are very stiff and responsive and roll incredibly well, probably due to the ceramic bearings. My previous wheels, Mavic Ksyrium SL's are now on my son's Cannondale CAAD10.

@Papavero, The frame came with adaptors to fit an Ultratorque crank so the Campag crank went straight on it, I also got a spare rear hanger with the frame. It may be that a frame replacement comes with adaptors where as a complete bike bought new from a cycle shop may not come with adaptors as it already has the FSA crank. I believe you can buy an adaptor to fit a Campag crank.

Any I am a very happy person as I finally have the bike I've always wanted.

@Nap D, the dealer built the bike and for some reason cut the steerer tube 15mm too high. The picture above was taken as I got the bike out of the car having just picked it up. After measuring everything there is now a 15mm spacer on top of the stem :wink:

Hi, wondering could You help me out, having a Cento uno frame 2012, Campa Chorus set, what adaptor kit should I use to fit campa cranks into the frame?
    Best Regards, Björn
  • n3crophile
    n3crophile Posts: 52
    What a beaut! Shame about the spacers but you say that you have sorted that.
  • mrbrightside
    mrbrightside Posts: 214
    NapoleonD wrote:
    Careful with the spacers, shouldn't be clamping the stem right at the top of the steerer...

Why not, you see plenty of 'slammed' stems?
  • rickeverett
    rickeverett Posts: 988
    NapoleonD wrote:

?

I dont get this. ???
    What do you mean? You always see Stems at the top of the steerer with spacers underneath- or else theres no point of a spacer.. :?
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    NapoleonD wrote:

?

I dont get this. ???
    What do you mean? You always see Stems at the top of the steerer with spacers underneath- or else theres no point of a spacer.. :?

If you have nothing above the stem, then the steerer needs to be slightly recessed below the top edge of the stem in order to accomodate the top cap. This then means that the top of the steerer is only just above the upper stem clamp bolt. Hence the recommendation to have a spacer on top.

One of those things - I'd be interested to know if there are any known cases of steerer failures as a result of them being cut without a spacer above. I do think that if you do go for the flush look, then it would be a good idea to have the steerer professionally and competently cut!
    Faster than a tent.......