Next step

Alangjones
Alangjones Posts: 7
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Had lots of fun with my 2008 Hardrock pro now it's time to step it up a bit. Just wondering what you guys suggest the next step up the ladder should be. I do lots of riding at Coed y Brenin ,Nant yr Arian , and the cli machx as I live close to these centres and really fancy trying my hand at enduros. So do I stick with hard tail (fancy the look of a 905) or should I go full suss, got about a grand to spend so it will have to be pre loved. Interested in your thoughts what avenue I should go down

Comments

• ej2320
    ej2320 Posts: 1,543
    For the price I'd go for an aggressive steel hardtail
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Last years Specialized Carve Comp is about a grand in the sales now. I bought one in the summer and it is a fast xc bike for going over trails and fire roads due to the light stiff frame, 29er wheels and tuneable air fork. I am around 15stone10 /6ft6 and have no issues with the bike at all, it is still as I bought it with no upgrades.

Give a few bikes a test ride and see what you think you may prefer full suspension.
  • If you shop around you can get a good full sus new for around a grand.
    If you look on Pauls Cycles website you should find a Giant Anthem X4 or Trance X3 within budget. Both are really grear bikes
  • That's great cheers guys. Trek and Santa cruze are going to be at the Coed y Brenin enduro so I will pay them a visit and see if they will let me loose on one of their shiny new missiles