Question for materials expert

rockmonkeysc
rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
edited October 2013 in The Crudcatcher
I need to find the mechanical properties of banana. Flesh and outer skin.
There's a good reason for I need this.

Comments

• Banana%20Skin%20box.jpg
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • You need the Indian journal of textile and fibre research . Just finished my copy and now designing some woven banana leaf seat posts . Very light weight . I juice bananas for drive train lube ( very slippy )
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Hard men (Not Rob Warner)

58951843.jpg
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I need to find the mechanical properties of banana. Flesh and outer skin.
    There's a good reason for I need this.

Or you could just butter it up, thumb it in and see what happens? If it goes well you have a new hobby that nobody need ever know about, if it goes badly you make page 6 of the local rag
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I found enough info on an American engineering forum. Now I just need to convert it to metric.
  • Hard men (Not Rob Warner)

58951843.jpg

I don't quite understand your fascination with Warner and pointing out people who are "harder" than him. Did he let you down?...... You know...... sexually?

Show me on the doll where he touched you:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEY__V3yt506OOPqpyfP28L_EQVvCynDfJgKgXYes2UVQn4EBUWA
  • pinno
    smileys-fish-430558.gif
  • errrrrrm, ok?

Top tip for you. It's not really the same when nobody has a scooby what you're on about.

D- Must try harder.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    errrrrrm, ok?

Top tip for you. It's not really the same when nobody has a scooby what you're on about.

D- Must try harder.

Whoosh!
  • You know the roadies banter is s**t when they have to resort to coming over here.

I'm not sure what's worse, their humour or the fact they feel the need to come over here and try and get us to bite on some lame comments. If you're gonna do it, do it properly chaps.
    MmmBop

Go big or go home.
  • pinno
    You know the roadies banter is s**t when they have to resort to coming over here.

I'm not sure what's worse, their humour or the fact they feel the need to come over here and try and get us to bite on some lame comments. If you're gonna do it, do it properly chaps.

An open invite ? Wahey.
  • You know the roadies banter is s**t when they have to resort to coming over here.

An open invite ? Wahey.

It is an open invite. We love a good troll round here, and it's been such a long time since we had a good one. You have to stop bringing your B material though, frankly its embarrassing, you can do better.

So come back when you're better prepared. Unless all that EPO has rotted your brains.

:P
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    You know the roadies banter is s**t when they have to resort to coming over here.

An open invite ? Wahey.

o! that's not the same invite as you're thinking in the BB where you would throw your QR's in a pot and end up in tandem.
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    smileys-fish-430558.gif

Yeah, 'cos spamming a forum is, like, so funny, yah? :lol:
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • pinno
    Clank wrote:
    smileys-fish-430558.gif

Why do you talk like rasta? You're supposed to use Muck off on your chain, not drink it.
  • I don't know why jamaican such a big deal about it.
  • Clank
    Clank Posts: 2,323
    Clank wrote:
    smileys-fish-430558.gif

Why do you talk like rasta? You're supposed to use Muck off on your chain, not drink it.

MjAxMy02NGIwNGJlOGEzYzNjMWE5.png
    How would I write my own epitaph? With a crayon - I'm not allowed anything I can sharpen to a sustainable point.

Disclaimer: Opinions expressed herein are worth exactly what you paid for them.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    Someone mentioned hoes?

Looks like someone won't be needing that banana, Gazlar is primed and out of chip forks
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • Yossie
    Yossie Posts: 2,600
    Clank wrote:
    smileys-fish-430558.gif

Is it 'cos he is like Hoxton cool, innit? Gangsta wannabe working in da media industry perchance?