I am a moron

monkimark
monkimark Posts: 1,515
edited September 2013 in Commuting chat
Sometimes I wonder if I should be allowed near the toolkit.

This morning I noticed my chain sticking as I left the house, after a few hundred yards of shifting up an down I stopped to investigate.
Turning the cranks by hand, it looked like the chain maybe had a stiff link or a jocket wheel was snagging something.

Flipped the bike over, checked each link by hand (getting my hands covered in oil in the process)- no stiff links. Checked the jockey wheels - nothing.

I was just about to give up and go back to swap bikes, turned the crank one more time by hand and noticed the chain was snagging on the crank - how could this be?
Because I'd put the cadence magnet on the wrong pedal and it was sticking to the chain every time it went past :oops:

A couple of months ago i changed the chain while drunk and when I woke up the next morning to ride to work, I realised that I'd not put it through the front mech :?

Anyone else do stuff like this or do i need an extra spoonfull of coffee in my morning cup?

Comments

• devbrix
    devbrix Posts: 127
    Don't tell me, you work in Halfords?
    All of these things....
  • YIMan
    YIMan Posts: 576
    I do this type of stuff regularly.....too much haste and not enough careful consideration of what I'm doing.
  • arran77
    arran77 Posts: 9,260
    Definitely another jar of coffee needed in the morning cup I think :wink:

Might I suggest you don't adjust the brakes after a few beers :lol:
    "Arran, you are like the Tony Benn of smut. You have never diluted your depravity and always stand by your beliefs. You have my respect sir and your wife my pity" :lol:

seanoconn