Kids "Proper" Bikes

2»

Comments

• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Isla all the way. Everything about them is quality, particularly weight, easy to operate controls, weight, proportionally sized components, weight, and did I mention weight?
    Bompette's is the Beinn 24 which she's had since she was 9: it's worth noting that the sizing is unusual - typically a kid needs a "bigger" Islabike, i.e. bigger wheels, than other brands. There's a detailed sizing chart somewhere on the website.
    She has tackled some quality XC on it (the pic is Auchterhouse hill near Dundee, impressive 400m+ of rough ascent) and has blasted the red runs at Wolftrax & co in fine style, not to mention outpacing a lot of serious riders on the climbs up through the forest tracks - did I mention weight?

EDIT: that Scott does look quite good though - and it only weighs 50% more than the Beinn 20 ;-)
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    POAH wrote:

if it takes a 165 i2i 38 mm stroke have a look at this

viewtopic.php?f=40092&t=12943723

Thanks, that looks interesting. Can't pull the trigger now, though, as I've got a lot of ferreting to do to see what my options might be before I start in.

EDIT: Just reading another thread, seems like, no, it wouldn't fit.
    bompington wrote:
    and it only weighs 50% more than the Beinn 20 ;-)

Yes, it's a bit of a chubba, but that doesn't seem to be holding her back. She's making light work of climbs that her friends have to dismount and push. And, hopefully, in the coming months I can get it on a diet and shed a few lbs.
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    do you do 24 inch forks? looking to get a set to replace the god awful suntour's on my sons bike