Btwin Rockrider 9.1

marcg868
marcg868 Posts: 116
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
Anyone have any thoughts on these as a first foot into full suspension world. Would be mainly be for xc riding and Trail centres. Be mostly for summer use and use my Hardtail for winter slop.

Any thoughts good or crap bike. Seems well specced.

Comments

• prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Love mine. 2012 Model, good for XC I live right on Cannock Chase so it gets most of it's use round the Dog and Monkey, took it to Kirroughtree in the summer and it was happy as larry around the Red and Black.

I've put wider bars and a shorter stem on, and it could do with a brake upgrade. Other than that it's a ridiculously good bike for the price.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • prawny wrote:
    Love mine. 2012 Model, good for XC I live right on Cannock Chase so it gets most of it's use round the Dog and Monkey, took it to Kirroughtree in the summer and it was happy as larry around the Red and Black.

I've put wider bars and a shorter stem on, and it could do with a brake upgrade. Other than that it's a ridiculously good bike for the price.

Have you got any pictures of yours?
  • hainman
    hainman Posts: 699
    I had a 2011 for 2-3 years and loved mine,same i put wider bars and shorter stem on mine and put bash guard on,the last year i ran it with XT brakes and it made it a very good bike,had it at Glentress and Inners a few times and was right at home,
    Giant Reign 2
    Crohnie
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    marcg868 wrote:
    prawny wrote:

Have you got any pictures of yours?

I don't think I have, I'll have a look later. To be honest, it's a bit of a pig to look at especially because the bars I got for a different bike and really don't match. And it wasn't the prettiest to start with.

Edit: found one pre bar swap, looked quite tasteful then

579006_10151339414291404_1382261986_n.jpg
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017
  • Not the prettiest bike. But they look good for xc/trail centres. Best get saving as it will compliment my Hardtail.
  • Mate there is a second hand anthem and a rock rider been posted for sale in the classifieds
  • Re-Cycle wrote:
    Mate there is a second hand anthem and a rock rider been posted for sale in the classifieds
    Yeah not looking to buy yet. More end of the year time. Or next spring. Got a upgraded Cannondale trail. But fancy a full suss next year.