Riding down stairs/stone slabs

2»

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    cooldad wrote:
    Ssssh don't explain punctuation to him. It's funnier that way.

Did you miss a comma there?
    No. Do you miss your brain cells?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Ssssh don't explain punctuation to him. It's funnier that way.

Did you miss a comma there?
    No. Do you miss your brain cells?

I did get knocked out at the weekend (bad line in to a rock garden, didn't go well) but I'm not convinced you haven't missed a comma.
  • cooldad wrote:
    I think riding downhill is what most of us do anyway, after we've ridden uphill.

Not necessarily - you might ride on some flat :wink:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No roadies ride on the flat, we ride on the level occasionally but it is rarely if ever flat!

The fact the OP used downhill and not Downhill made his meaning self evident to all but a Mor....argh yes er RMSC.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • BigAl
    BigAl Posts: 3,122
    To the OP,
    Sounds like you have it pretty much spot on.
    cooldad wrote:
    I think riding downhill is what most of us do anyway, after we've ridden uphill.

I live at the top of a hill so I normally ride uphill after I've ridden downhill. But I never ride 'Downhill', balls too small.

And, though not necessary, you could have used a comma.
  • cooldad
    Superfluous commas are as bad as missing commas. But I think he was missing a ? Which turned his sarcastic question into a statement of agreement.
    So fail.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • To the OP. Firstly, nice one! You appear to have it nailed. Secondly, havnig had your query answered fairly early on, how about renaming this The-Explanation-Of-Downhill-And-Punctuation-Thread?
  • cooldad
    tootsie323 wrote:
    To the OP. Firstly, nice one! You appear to have it nailed. Secondly, havnig had your query answered fairly early on, how about renaming this The-Explanation-Of-Downhill-And-Punctuation-Thread?
    I must commend you on excellent use of language and punctuation.
    Such a pity about the spelling mistake.
    9/10. Keep it up.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools