Cycling Books

2»

Comments

• Seven Deadly Sins by David Walsh......a story of the dogged, relentless pursuit of the "Special One"!!

It must have been EXTREMELY cathartic for Walsh to FINALLY be proved right...and this book shows how right he was right from the very off!
    Alarm bells ringing after the very 1st Tour win, but the UCI/Media/Public all wanted to believe in miracles.....and they/we did for 7 long boring years....give it a try, it's slow at times...but a good in depth read
  • Old_Timer
    Old_Timer Posts: 262
    Another vote for "A Dog In a Hat", excellent look into the everyday life of a pro cyclist at the now, I'd guess, Continental Pro level. Well written and informative, somewhat dark at times, though. Another I enjoyed was "Team 7- Eleven ..." found it to be a good inside look at the beginnings of the Amercian participation in real cycling and racing.
    Lets just got for a ride, the heck with all this stuff...
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    PostieJohn wrote:
    I must be the only person who doesn't rate French Revolutions, for me it tries sooooo hard, and fails.
    Esp when compared with The Hour, which I thought was a brilliant and funny read.

As a rule I loves my cycling books, I do.

Domestique - Excellent read
    Merckx, Billy Fothers - No stone unturned.
    Dave Millar - first chapter into Barca was thrilling.
    In search of Robert Millar - loved it.
    Sex Lies and Handlebar tape - insightful.
    I like Ned's stuff.

To name but a few.

I still can't believe I haven't read the ANC book.
    I agree on French Revolutions. It was all right in its way but strained for effect too much of the time. The Hour, though, is brilliant - witty, well written and telling the story in a nice economy of words. I liked it a lot.