Some snaps of the TOB final stage

zardoz
zardoz Posts: 251
edited September 2013 in Pro race
Here is a link to some pics that I tooks at the TOB on Sunday http://i4apicture.com/tob2013

A sample one
p2045490671-3.jpg

Comments

• Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Just had a quick look, but some really nice ones. Thanks for posting.
  • Some great shots, thanks for linking to them
  • Very good. Can you tell us what camera you used and settings

cheers
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Some excellent pics... Thanks for sharing
  • zardoz
    Very good. Can you tell us what camera you used and settings

cheers

Canon 1Dmk4, 300 f2.8IS lens and 70-200 f2.8IS lens various settings on manual exposure, quite high ISO as it was fairly gloomy
  • MrTapir
    MrTapir Posts: 1,206
    zardoz wrote:
    Very good. Can you tell us what camera you used and settings

cheers

Canon 1Dmk4, 300 f2.8IS lens and 70-200 f2.8IS lens various settings on manual exposure, quite high ISO as it was fairly gloomy

Another techjnique question: you know when you are focusing, do you get the camera ready in focus on the particular area the subject of your shot will be in, or is the focusing on your camera fast enough to see a scene in a bike race and focus and shoot pretty much then and there?

Also, is the OPQS rider in the pic top right (above Cav) Iljo Keisse?
  • Paul 8v
    Paul 8v Posts: 5,458
    Some really nice ones there, mine are pap in comparison!
  • zardoz
    MrTapir wrote:
    Another techjnique question: you know when you are focusing, do you get the camera ready in focus on the particular area the subject of your shot will be in, or is the focusing on your camera fast enough to see a scene in a bike race and focus and shoot pretty much then and there?
    I use 2 focussing techniques, if I can pick the riders up a fair distance away then I use the autofocus in servo mode and yes the 1Dmk4 is fast enough to do this accurately - the trick is to lock on to the right rider! The biggest problem though at Cycling events are the lead cars and motorcycles which may mean the riders are on top of you before you can focus on them. So the second technique is not to use the Autofocus at all, so turn off autofocus pre-focus on a particular spot and fire as the riders reach it. Always use manual exposure because the headlights of the cars and motorcycles will trick the auto exposure.
    MrTapir wrote:
    Also, is the OPQS rider in the pic top right (above Cav) Iljo Keisse?
    No idea I'm afraid. Anyone?
  • RideOnTime
    RideOnTime Posts: 4,712
    zardoz wrote:
    Here is a link to some pics that I tooks at the TOB on Sunday http://i4apicture.com/tob2013

A sample one
    p2045490671-3.jpg

Cav looks a bit gormless...