Lakeland Monster Miles

2»

Comments

• Finally got around to doing this route on a gloriously sunny September Saturday. What a brilliant route! Four of us did it, all experienced riders with good levels of fitness and all four of us were completely knackered by the end. Well worth it though and I will definitely do it again.

Thanks again for the route Psycotext, it made life A LOT easier having that to follow.
  • Glad I could be of assistance.
  • So how many are going back for a 2nd go this year?
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Would like to, but I've got plans (and I'm ridiculously unfit at the moment!)
  • mikey2341
    mikey2341 Posts: 170
    I did this today and loved it! It was the most fun I've had since I started cycling! The weather obviously helped, but what a great day!
  • alesupper
    alesupper Posts: 286
    You got a great day for it hey. Warm and dry in mid October. Brill!

It's a cracking route and I will definitely be doing it again when I get chance.
  • Nice.
  • Psychotext wrote:

Thanks for that. Now on my 2015 to do list :)
  • The Bogtrotter sector certainly lived up to its name...great day, enjoyed it in a sick kind of way.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • Anyone in for 2016? I'm in Keswick that week so fancy trying the mini massif, I have a 45mile road sportive at end September so hopefully will have some fitness. Only question is which bike.... my mtb style hybrid (schwalbe land cruiser tyres)? Or as my triban road bike takes 32mm tyres (it has long drop caliper brakes) stick on some cx tyres and go with that?
  • I did the full 70+ mile route on a cx bike with 35 knobbly cx tyres. There are some rough parts though so I reckon your hybrid with the land cruisers would be best IMO.