Advice spd to spd sl cleat alignment

Kingsmill1
Kingsmill1 Posts: 103
edited September 2013 in Road beginners
I recently had a bike fit and finally my spd cleats and shoes were set up properly and have made a big difference to my ride along with other adjustments. They LBS suggested using spd-sl pedals and cleats my shoes will take both just wondering how easy is it to transpose the spd cleat set up to spd sl as don't really want to go all the way back to the shop and have them set up again. I have taken photos of my current spd's and noted where the alignment makes are.

Any suggestions would be welcome I have road bikes and they came with spd pedals which I'm going to change in the future.
Giant TCR Comp 2
Specialized Allez Sport

Comments

• Lateral alignment should be easy and I would expect to be the most critical. Fore/aft may be trickier to sort as the cleats are very different in size.

Just to be clear, you are going from mountain (spd) cleats, to road (spd-sl). Is that correct?
    --
    Burls Ti Tourer for Tarmac, Saracen aluminium full suss for trails
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    I'd not bother, I think SPDs are easier to live with (especially if you're clipping in and out a lot), Never had a prob with SPDs but it took months of trial and error to get my SLs aligned right, no idea why.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!