National A Races - Advice Wanted

Pross
Pross Posts: 40,576
edited September 2013 in Amateur race
Just wondering if any event organisers on here have promoted (or raced in) a National A road race and, if so, is it any more work than a Regional A? I'm aware of the minimum prize fund requirement and extra registration fee (both of which are not a problem apparently) and also the need for the race to be a minimum of 130km (my intended circuit has about 1700m of climbing in 130km which I assume would qualify as 'challenging terrain'). However, is there anything extra that I would be expected to put on for a higher level event? I would have the normal NEG / CSAS marshalling that we have on all Welsh races and I suppose I would need to set up a feed zone which shouldn't be an issue. Could I get away with just a neutral service vehicle or would all teams expect to be able to follow in their team cars?

Comments

• ju5t1n
    ju5t1n Posts: 2,028
    Get in touch with BC and get the contact details for your Regional Events Officer. It’s their job to help you with this type of thing, and they are very helpful - well ours is
  • Pross
    ju5t1n wrote:
    Get in touch with BC and get the contact details for your Regional Events Officer. It’s their job to help you with this type of thing, and they are very helpful - well ours is

Thanks, I'm in contact with them but was just hoping for a bit of first hand experience. It's always good to learn from others.
  • Maybe ask on Veloriders? I know it's not busy but there are a few people on there who have organised at that level. Would be interested myself - only done regionals in the past.
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • dawebbo
    dawebbo Posts: 456
    You may have this covered, but I understand that there can only be 1 National A race run on any given day.
  • Pross
    Good point, I had read that but had forgotten. Will have to go Nat B otherwise.