Canyon Ultimate AL 8.0

thatkidpercy
thatkidpercy Posts: 21
edited September 2013 in Your road bikes
This is my 2012 model Canyon Ultimate AL, purchased from the Canyon outlet store at a mean discount. Full 11S Athena (compact, 12-27) with Ksyrium Equipe wheels. Only changes I've made are the saddle (Fizik Aliante), tyres (GP4000S 25mm) and pedals (Shimano 105). The only other change I'll make in the near future is a switch to black bar tape but I want to get some wear out of the stock white tape first. It's a 2XL (62cm) size, and fits my 196cm frame very nicely.

Main reason for uploading this is because I struggled to find a lot of pictures of large-sized Canyons before getting it ordered. The tall headtube might not be to everybody's taste, but I've been very pleased with the looks and ride quality in the month (with over 1500km covered) I've had it.

Please excuse the saddlebag and lights - I know I'm making a bit of a faux pas uploading this kind of picture but it was taken during a 3 day trip covering the length of South Korea.

9871663535_c7d2fdb76d_b.jpg

Comments

• Looks great, sounds like you're getting plenty of miles on it already!
    @JaunePeril

Winner of the Bike Radar Pro Race Wiggins Hour Prediction Competition
  • Very nice mate, I have the same bike; after about 4500 miles, the rear wheel packed in, split rim at the nipple and spoke pinged out.... Just watch out for that, inspect the rim very carefully every month or so for hairline cracks.

I now use Open Pro's on 105 hubs £200 for the set

Oh,also change the white bar tape to black, makes it look so much tidier, the white grips always look so disgusting and dirty ;)
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I have the sane bike with athena ... You had any problems with the chainset ?
    I've replaced the bearings twice in mine in a short space of time due to a clicking in the bottom bracket .