110-130BCD Adaptor?

nsmyth1988
nsmyth1988 Posts: 91
edited September 2013 in Workshop
Was just wondering if it's possible to go from 110-130BCD I got new Sram Red 53-39 chainring on the cheap so it would replace the 52-36 I have at the minute? Would save me buying a new Crankset??

Thanks
"Training is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired. You stop when the Gorilla is tired"

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    not unless you have a replaceable spider on your cranks.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Going from 52 to 53 is going to make next to no difference. I'm not sure I'd bother, tbh.
  • But then I could use my Sram TT 54 on that as well! Might just buy a new BB so I can use use my 105 hollowtech cranks on my BB30 frame then eh?
    "Training is like fighting a Gorilla. You don't stop when you're tired. You stop when the Gorilla is tired"
  • jomoj
    jomoj Posts: 777
    the answer is no, you can't get an adapter, you'd need a 130 BCD crank. Do you regularly find yourself undergeared on a 52T chainring anyway?
  • Just buy a 38 instead. I run 52/38 on a 110 crank and it's close enough to 53/39 to not bother about.
  • Yeh I'm under geared quite a bit on the flat! il just hold out and see if I can get crank arms to suit the Sram red Chainset probably the best option thanks for the help tho very much appreciated
  • Not saying that I don't believe you or anything, but as I say I run a 52 and have an 11 on the back, and the only time I can spin out is on a 40mph+ downhill. Surely you're not doing that on the flat??