Where to stay on cycling holiday in Mallorca?

n4th4n007
n4th4n007 Posts: 364
edited September 2013 in Road general
Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a Hotel in Puerto Pollensa. I have been been recommended Club Pollentia Resort by a couple of people, looks good but just a little way out the main town.

Has anyone stayed there or have some recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Here is where friends stayed recently while we were in an apartment close by. They thought it was very nice.
  • crispybug2
    crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Stayed at Club Del Sol which is a mile or two outside of Peurto Pollensa, it was a really nice hotel, all inclusive.
  • Duva apartments in Pollensa. Brilliant cycling hotel, cheap as well.
  • Only my second post so it's nice to be able to post what is hopefully some sort of useful information!!

We stay in PP every year and will be going again next week although haven't gone cycling there - done a bit of sailing though!

We always stay in the Miaramar Hotel right on the pedestrianised pine walk and close to the Sis Pins hotel recommended in the post above. High quality traditional hotel that also have apartments to rent across the road. They have a garage where guests can keep their bikes securely. Right in the centre of PP, right on the beach close to bars and restaurants

Club Pollentia is a little way out of town although a short flat bike ride along the prom. Duva apartments previously mentioned are a couple of hundred yards in land and we have heard a couple of people say that there has been some petty crime around the Duva and Habitat apartments although I don't know how much truth there is in this

Happy to try and answer any questions you might have

Couple of links that you may find useful including a PP forum with a cycling sub forum

http://www.hotel-miramar.net/

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/
  • I stayed at the Puerto Azul for a week last year and the guys from my club have been going there for ages. Rooms are nothing fancy but adequate for cyclists; there's a decent pool, secure bike parking downstairs and all-you-can-eat buffets at breakfast and dinner; and it's pretty cheap by British standards. It's closed from the end of October to mid-March if that makes a difference.
  • I have stayed at the Club Pollentia Resort it's more than I usually spend but would definitely recommend it. The food is fantastic and they have bike hire on site. Out on its own but a bus stop outside, going back in October.
  • +1 for the Puerto Azul. The bike storeage facility is great and allows you more space in the room.

Does it have to be Puerto Pollensa? I've stayed in Alcudia the last couple of times and found it just as good a base.