Classifieds - why no commuter section?!

DM222
DM222 Posts: 90
edited September 2013 in Commuting chat
Hi all

As you are probably all aware there is a classifieds section to the website / forum

It does however only sell MTBs and MTB parts / clothing & Road bikes and Road bike parts / clothing.

Why???

I suppose you could suggest that most bikes & clothing etc fall into those categories but there is obviously commuter bikes, hybrids etc plus commuter specific clothing that surely we should have our own classifieds section shouldn't we???

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Put it in the discuss the website with the team part of the forum, ask nicely and you never know.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    The problem is that whilst loads of people on here have a hybrid to sell, there's no one on here who would buy it!* :lol:

* This is a joke by the way......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • DM222
    rubertoe wrote:
    Put it in the discuss the website with the team part of the forum, ask nicely and you never know.

Worth a go!
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Say I wanted to sell the used 10-speed chains I've just taken off my commuting and road race bikes; with a separate section for commuting gear, would I have to put one chain on there and one on the road section? Could be a bit problematic, as I'm no longer sure which is which. But then I've done training rides (and even the odd race) on my commuting bike, and I sometimes ride the race bike to work, so it's all getting a bit confusing. There's also the chain off my cross bike. It's neither Road nor MTB, though I have ridden it to work a few times; maybe we should have a separate section for that. And a TT section too (one day I may want to sell the 10-speed chain off my TT bike...)

What about track gear? I have the same model of saddle on my track and TT bikes. This is all getting very complicated :-(
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • DM222
    TGOTB wrote:
    Say I wanted to sell the used 10-speed chains I've just taken off my commuting and road race bikes; with a separate section for commuting gear, would I have to put one chain on there and one on the road section? Could be a bit problematic, as I'm no longer sure which is which. But then I've done training rides (and even the odd race) on my commuting bike, and I sometimes ride the race bike to work, so it's all getting a bit confusing. There's also the chain off my cross bike. It's neither Road nor MTB, though I have ridden it to work a few times; maybe we should have a separate section for that. And a TT section too (one day I may want to sell the 10-speed chain off my TT bike...)

What about track gear? I have the same model of saddle on my track and TT bikes. This is all getting very complicated :-(

I did say you could suggest that most bikes fall into the MTB or Road category!!!

There are some bikes and gear that is however purely designed for commuting.
    If you commute on a road bike and want to sell your chain then it's clearly an item for the road classifieds!!! :roll:
  • With "Commuting" being analogous in some people's minds to "Pretty Crappy" (as in "I bought X: it's not great but it will do for the commute"), I'm not sure anybody would either advertise or look to buy in a "Commuting" classified section.

I don't subscribe to the view that commuting=pretty crap, BTW but I see phrase above often enough.

I do also think that most gear falls into an on-road vs off-road catagorization. But ask all the same.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • There is already a place for bike kit after I finished using it for commuting...

Guernsey-mini-skips.jpg
    Nobody told me we had a communication problem
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    We also need a BSO forum for where those of us who have such things can discuss what parts have fallen off their Tesco or Sports Direct Specials today!
    Faster than a tent.......