Press fit to gxp

thebadgerboy1982
thebadgerboy1982 Posts: 266
edited September 2013 in Workshop
Hi all,

Would the following fit into my bbright cervelo r3 team frame to conver it to gxp?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/sram-pressfit-3 ... 5360457830

Thanks
Ross

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Measure the aperture you want it to fit and cross reference the size of the press fit ?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • peteone
    peteone Posts: 152
    Ross you need to use either wheelsmfg/enduro converter or the new Rotor bbright to gxp bb (only available form the US). I've just had to do the same thing to run my sram gear on the R3.
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,135
    Ross, you need to do what peteone says.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • peteone
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • Thanks peteone, I'm using a wheels manufacturing adapter at the moment. I've used the same for my cannondale super six to convert bb30 to gxp but it started creaking like a bugger. Any creaks with the rotor option?
  • Put some anti seize pasta on the box/adapter, and the creaking should go away. Use it all the time on our Teams bikes
  • peteone
    Thanks peteone, I'm using a wheels manufacturing adapter at the moment. I've used the same for my cannondale super six to convert bb30 to gxp but it started creaking like a bugger. Any creaks with the rotor option?
    No problem. I've only had it a week so only covered about 200m but so far so good, no creaks or squeaks. Inc shipping it works out the same price as a bb and adapters. Shipping only tooj 7 days too.
    Cervelo R3
    Giant TCR SL
    Ibis Tranny
  • Synthesis wrote:
    Put some anti seize pasta on the box/adapter, and the creaking should go away. Use it all the time on our Teams bikes

What sort of pasta would you recommend? Fusilli, penne or good old fashioned spaghetti? :D