chinese triathlon frame DI2 vs cable

alexsanz
alexsanz Posts: 19
edited September 2013 in Workshop
Hello,

I bought a frame from Shenzhen Zhongwei Composite Material trough Alibaba on here:
http://uis-carbon.en.alibaba.com/produc ... &edm_ver=e

For my surprise, when I got the frame at home it didn't have the hole for the from derailleur cable. See photos.
Is anything like that happend to any of you? Does it seem this frame is only for DI2?
And the most important..... Any idea how to mount the cable?

Thanks,
ALex

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Yup, I'd say that's designed for wiring rather than shifter cables. The photo in your link shows 3 holes in the top tube; one for the rear brake and one of each derailleur, which is what you presumably need?
  • thanks for the reply.
    I need the shifter cables version, instead they sent me that. Do I have any other option than send it back?
  • keef66
    I'm no expert on internal cabling or electronic shifting but your options appear to be :

Start drilling more holes in your brand new frame :shock:

Send it back but expect them, despite their error, to insist on you picking up the tab for sending it back insured.

Consider trading up to en electronic groupset
  • keef66 wrote:
    ...despite their error...

Question is, is it their error? The description in the provided link states "Di2 compatible". Perhaps that means they've sent a frame that fits that description, at the expense of supporting normal cables? It would come down to whether the OP clarified with the seller that normal cabling was supported I suppose.
  • keef66
    I was basing my comments on the photos on the website which show a mechanically cabled bike.
  • keef66 wrote:
    I was basing my comments on the photos on the website which show a mechanically cabled bike.
    Fair point, well made - I hadn't read that far in the linked page...