Interval timer

stubs
stubs Posts: 5,001
edited September 2013 in MTB buying advice
I have been put on some medication and was told by the Doc not to allow myself to get dehydrated as it can seriously screw me up. I have a hydration pack but sometimes when I am having fun I forget to drink and end up carrying a load of water back to the car. I think I need something to bleep at me every few minutes to remind me to take a swig I know I can get apps on android to do this but when my phone is deep in my pack I often cant hear it.

Need something cheap and tough that can clip onto my pack or go in an outside pocket, something that is programmable, will bleep once or twice without me needing to press any buttons to shut it up.

Oh and I dont like wearing watches when riding so a sports watch is out.
Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap

Comments

• peter413
    peter413 Posts: 5,120
    Pretty sure Camelbak make something exactly for this.
  • stubs
    peter413 wrote:
    Pretty sure Camelbak make something exactly for this.

They do a meter that tells you how much is left in the bladder but they get pretty crud reviews, very fragile it seems and about as accurate as a long range weather forecast.
    Fig rolls: proof that god loves cyclists and that she wants us to do another lap
  • Torres
    Torres Posts: 1,266
    stubs wrote:

Strap it to your bars maybe?
    I used to do this in lieu of a proper bike computer. As long as the beeping is loud enough it should work a treat. :)
    What We Achieve In Life, Echoes In Eternity
  • stubs
    Torres wrote:
    stubs wrote:

Strap it to your bars maybe?
    I used to do this in lieu of a proper bike computer. As long as the beeping is loud enough it should work a treat. :)

A cheap sports watch could have the strap cut down a couple of holes drilled in the strap ends and be zip tied to my pack straps. ebay here I come.
  • in terms of strapping to your bars, a piece of pipe lagging works a treat - I use this when I borrow my wifes Garmin watch
  • stubs wrote:
    Need something cheap and tough that can clip onto my pack or go in an outside pocket, something that is programmable, will bleep once or twice without me needing to press any buttons to shut it up.

Something like this...?
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221217817928?lpid=54&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=54
  • Seriously!?..there's a hose hanging in front of your face and you forget to drink!..there's no hope I'm affraid
    "Why have that extra tooth if you're not using it?" - Brian Lopes

Votec V.SX Enduro 'Alpine Thug' 2012/2013 build

Trek Session 8