Help setting up fox rp23

mc_hawkings24
mc_hawkings24 Posts: 51
edited September 2013 in MTB general
Hi guysI just got an rp23 for my cannondale rush. My original shock is a float r Firm compression tune which I've set to my weight of 190pounds which works out 170psi according to fox website, it feels fine. Now I've bought an rp23 2012 version with adaptive logic, velocity tune F, rebound tune M, boost valve 200 and thought "this is going to be firmer" first try at 170psi Felt soft so I put 250psi to get the same firmness although I haven't ridden it. As its brand new would it firm up after wearing it in? Another thing I'm not sure about is the propedal lever I thought it was going to be like a fox triad lever as in just flick it round to all the settings not pull the middle out to rotate the lever but it feels abit strange but might get a shop to look at that to see if it's normal.

I haven't set up sag yet as I removed it and put my float r back on but going to have another fiddle with it tomorrow but main thing is will it firm up once worn in.

thanks guys

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    so what pressure did you need to get the required sag?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Sorry I was writing this on my phone which wasn't good now on laptop updating it
  • Sorry guys been a massive bell. I watched a couple of vids of understanding the settings and setting sag. Just went out and set it up and have the correct sag in the open position and it feels fine! now for tomorrows test ride :)

Feels abit scratchy on compression but that could be because its brand new and needs wearing in
  • For anyone who's interested I rode to the shops a few miles away and over humps etc and feels great, can really feel a difference between open and propedal. Feels quite solid on propedal 3 which is what I wanted and got a few airs and landings felt smooth. Haven't gone off road yet but can imagine it will feel better than the float r
  • A ride to the shops gives no idea of how your shock is working.
  • I know i know but it wasn't to the co-op for a pint of milk and back but be a better test tomorrow to work through the forest.